Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Ive had all the bloods done and my D/H has dones his sample, so today we have a 1st appointmentat 3.30pm, to meet the senior nurse for results and talk about whats going to happen!!! Im so nervous i feel realy ill sick and dizzy, im also due fo af but even that is 2 days late, think it must be nerves!!! Has anyone else been this nervous, i feel like im having a nervous breakdown :( :(      Love louise xx

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey Lou

just read your post, good luck for today, i guess as i am typing this you are already sitting in on your appointment. Hope it all goes well i have had a few appointments at our NHS hospital and now deceided to go Private, our first appointment is on Thuirsday 19th - we cant wait!!

Good luck

Andrea

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Hi Louise,

I know you wont get to see this til you get back.. i just wanted to say i hope it goes well!  I was incredibly nervous and excited at our first appointment, i just kept in mind that whatever we were told, we would be one step closer to our dream and since then we've taken a few more steps and are currently waiting for IUI  :)  Good luck and let us know how you get on

Bekie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Loubey

Good luck today,  When I have my first appoint I was really nervous, as my DP was really ill when he gave his 1st Sample,  so I was really worried about the results.  DP SA was really bad, but he did it again 3 months later which turned out really good.  I yesterday had a lap and dye, not quite sure of the results yet, as didn't get to speak to consult, but nurse said the dye didn't flow through the tubes well, so i think we have identfied the problem. 

I sure you'll be fine though  ^reiki^, let us know have you get on!

All the best!

Gill

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Gill

The Lap n dye that you had, is that the one which is done under the xray and they pump dye into your tubes ? i have  been booked up for that and not sure what to expect hosptal have also given me a perscription for some antibiotics  to take the day before and the day after, if i am right do you have any tips?

Thanks

Andrea
x x x

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All, Well appointment went well after all the nerves,but my BP was in the roof ^idiot^ because i was so nervous,got my af when i got home too!!!we can start our 1st cycle of ivf in july, so really excited ;D ;D Thank you for all your replys and  ^fairydust^ to you all. Love louise xxxx

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi KatieD, im also in doncaster ;D i was referred from DRI. I notice from your signature you are about to start your cycle hope all goes well ^pray^, maybe we could be buddies and help each other out? ;D
                Love louise xxxx

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey Loubey - You will become an expert soon and the appts will seem like a walk in the park.  Good luck with your IVF, keep us posted.

Andrea - I had the HSG last summer.  Really dont worry about it.  I wasnt given any antibiotics for my test.  Imagine it as a longer version of a smear, and once you have seen a few consultants I think all us FF ladies have lost our dignity with regards to being examined!  It is slightly uncomfortable and you will have a few cramps afterwards but really nothing more than that.  I was lucky, my test was clear and I was told there and then the results but am not sure if that happens in every hosp.  Good luck and keep in touch.

KatieD - seen DH has been driving you up the wall with his ********.  Keep calm chick, I am sure you are little on edge about Monday but you will be fine, you have waited so long for this.  Good luck, hope it all goes the way you need it too.  Dont give DH too hard a time this weekend, lots of distractions and the weekend will fly by.

Love and hugs xxx

^hugme^

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hi Loubey

Just wanted to say hi and good luck for your 1st cycle in July, We are another Doncaster couple hoping to have our 1st iui in August

Have you had a look at the Main Yorkshire girls thread, Great girls they are  :)  i would have been lost without them.

^hugme^^reiki^ ^reiki^

Em x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Loubey

Glad your 1st appt went well, and good luck for july hun! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Andrea - Soz for the late respone, i've been tryin to chill.....

Lap & Dye is a little more invasive than a HSG, but your out cold and ersonally i thought it wasn't a big deal really!  HSG is less invasive, your are awake and they insert a catheta and send dye into your tubes.  Even thou i've had lap & dye, my consult still wants to do HSG because my tubes were blocked but no signs of anything unusal??  dont worry hun, i'm told its not painful, just like havin a pee backwards lol.  when are you due to have yours?

Take care Gilll x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts