Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone let me know if its normal for my ovaries to be hurting so much

Started stimming on Tues with 300iu puregon been fine but woke up during the night with pain in ovary and its been getting worse through out the day,

didn't get this with my last cycle and had 25 follies as first scan on day 6, not at hospital till Tues and a little bit worried about it any advice would be great.

Thanks xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Each treatment cycle can be completely different.  Your ovaries can feel sore as the stimming kicks in.  I too always get a good response to the drugs but each cycle has varied a bit in terms of symptoms through stimms....with our 2nd IVF I had 28 follies, was terribly bloated and was at risk of OHSS and my ovaries were so sensitive, especially my poor right one which was pretty painful and my boobs were really really tender and sore.  With this current cycle (our 4th) I had even more follicles (40) and high risk of OHSS but whilst I still felt tender and bloated with sore boobs, it wasn't as bad as with 2nd cycle...or 3rd cycle when I had 27 follies.  So just shows how they can vary.

If you're concerned then perhaps give your clinic a quick call tomorrow but it really does sound like fairly normal side effects of stimming.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Natasha

40 follicles wow thats alot, i will wait for my scan on Tuesday as from what you say it seems pretty normal, if its any worse tommorrow I'll ring clinic,

Good luck with testing hope your ^pray^ are answered .

Nades xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Yep...we got 30 eggs collected as well so was feeling fairly uncomfortable after EC !!

Make sure you keep drinking plenty of water and keep your protein levels up as well cos if you do get alot of follies again this can help prevent OHSS.

Good luck with your scan on Tuesday.
Natasha

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I have the same. I am on a high dose of Gonal. I find a hot water bottle helpful though.
armi
xo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts