Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know lots of people have posted on the same topic, but I can't seem to find more than one person who has lost symptoms as early as me. A week ago I had nausea all day and now I have practically nothing. My boobs were sore, but not much and now nothing ...and I'm convinced they're getting smaller.

I saw two heartbeats last Monday and I'm now 9 + 5 - is this too early for symptoms to disappear? Would love to hear from people who have lost symptoms this early and been okay...please

Alice x

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Alice,

I had lost most of mine by 10 weeks, but I didn't have loads to start with! Your placenta will be staring to take over now so that will start to reduce any symptoms you may have.

Hope this helps...

Karen x

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karen...that sounds more promising...hopefully I'll get some more people saying the same thing...
Alice x

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I lost mine at 9 weeks and was worried sick. They came back with vengeance at 11 weeks!!

As Karen said, your placenta will be taking over now and giving your body a bit of a rest. I have to say, however much I hated feeling sick, I hated even more NOT feeling sick.

Im sure all is fine.

Congrats on your scan. Have a great pregnancy.

Mae.x ^reiki^

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
i lost mine by about wk 6/7 and i dint have many in the first place.everyones pg is different.im one of those lucky one who had no ms :) and we are expecting twins,

hayley

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...I find this all quite reassuring...

Hayley...weird that you just posted here when I just posted a thank you to you on the twin board! Spooky!  ;)

Thanks again
Alice xx

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Alice,

i also had very few early symptoms except for crashing tiredness. No MS to speak of at all, and like you got very worried at about this point that they'd vanished (still do worry, even now!) even a day after a scan.

I think its perfectly normal for symptoms to come and go. Remember your pg is your pg and you wont have the same experiences or symptoms as anyone else. All of the pg books/mags give guidelines of things you could expect but its no guaruntee that you'll get all of them all of the time.

Lovely to see you over on twin bumps too, looking forward to hearing more from you over there too!

Sal

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

My symptoms came and went and seemed to disappear completely around 11 weeks.  I posted on ask a midwife as i was so worried.  I think it's normal for them to come and go, then drop off alot around 10+ weeks as the placeta takes over.  Let us know how you are getting on,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm so glad I've found this thread!!

I haven't had very strong pregnancy symptoms anyway, but was feeling tired and hungry and had sore 'hard' boobs. I woke up yesterday and my boobs felt (and still do feel) totally normal and not a whiff of soreness (unless I squeeze them very hard ;) ) I'm pretty worried about this and all the other threads I have found where people have also lost symptoms, seem to stop after reporting it and you don't get to find out what their outcome is  ^bigbad^ Mine is a much wanted IVF twin pregnancy and I'm not sure whether its because of this that I am driving myself mad with worry about this or whether I would have anyway. I'm 8+4 today. I have a private reassurance scan booked in for 11th June but it seems ages away. It would be great to hear how you get on and I'm happy to post my news too, whether good or bad.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Twink
You sound very similar to me...my nausea has eased loads (it was quite bad) and my boobs just aren't sore anymore and I'm convinced they're back to their usual small selves...I have to wait till the 13th June for my next scan so I know how you feel...perhaps we can help each other through this! Like you, we've gone through a lot to get this far and I just can't bear the thought of it all being taken away...I'm carrying two as well!

Alice x

·
Registered
588 Posts
Its horrible isn't it! I feel guilty for saying that as we are both extremely lucky, but I just so want this to work out ^pray^ ^pray^  ^pray^ ^pray^ and I'm sure you know what I mean too.

It would definitely be great to stay in touch and try and help each other through this. It would be good for others to look back on too as I've seen lots of other threads about the same thing so its obviously common, but hardly any go beyond one or two posts. I don't know about you but I'm feeling a bit reassured by the other twin mums who have had the same and are moving along nicely in their pregnancies now .....thank you girls!! ^hugme^ I hope we are the same, I'm trying to stay positive but can't help wishing for a hint of sickness or sore boobs, or both would be great! ^idiot^ ;D

Twink x

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Twink and alice,

I think the worry is defnitely doubled in a twin pg! I'm glad you have scans booked up, we had one about every 2 weeks up to 13 weeks and it really helped me not go completely  ^idiot^

re the boobs thing, mine still feel soft and not massively bigger than when I started. Wider mayber with the expanding rib cage, but not bigger in the 'comedy boobs' type way!

Look forward to seeing you over on twin bumps when you're ready to join us!
Sal

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks ^hugme^

Where is the twin bumps bit? I can't find it ???

G

·
Hi Salice, I had virtually nothing until 9 weeks and then was sick as a dog for the next 8 weeks.  Don't worry, you'll be fine!  ^reiki^

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all

Just wanted to come back here and post that we had our 12 week scan and babies were alive and kicking! And growing lots too! So all my worry was for nothing!

So...for anyone else reading this...symptoms really do come and go...try not to worry...when the placenta takes over it's all a bit different.

I'm feeling nauseaus again now and I wish I wasn't!  ;D

Hope this helps people

Alice xx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Alice,

I'm so pleased for you! Why can't we have one of those machines at home so that we can put our own mind at rest?!

Weezy

·
Registered
588 Posts
Great news Alice! :) I had my reassurance scan and all was good too, phew!!! V scary when the symptoms dissapear isn't it, mine haven't come back much but I'm happy with as long as all is ok. 15 days til my 12 week scan (which they are going to do at 13+2)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts