Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
trying to kill birds with stones. My sister lives just outside Paris and hasn't seen Daisy yet so we thought we'd combine it with a holiday and if we go somewhere like Normandy for a week she could come and join us for the weekend. But my head is spinning trying to find somewhere to stay. I don't know northern France at all so if anyone's got any suggestions for someplace ideally within a couple of hours drive from one of the ferry ports that ferrys from Dover go to I'd be really grateful. Ideally looking for somewhere self catering with a pool and ideally some nice restaurants that are walkable to.

Thanks
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
We're going to Brittany in June & then to Normandy in Sept, thsi Co also have a site closer to Paris as they say you can do EuroDisney from it.

www.siblu.co.uk

Worth a look? One word of warning though I hired a cot for N & then browsing some pages a few weeks ago spotted some text which said cots only fit in the lounges & not in the bedrooms of the caravans ^idiot^

Also some of the cottage companies do Gites in France, try Country Holidays.

HTH?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hello

if you want a nice place for shop walks and a bit posh you can go near Honfleur, Deauville and Cabourg as it is nice.
Alternatively you can also find some nice B&B style holidays in the deprtament called Les Yvelines as it is nice too and not too far from Paris, Versailles and other places which have water lakes for walks and sports such as windsurf.

Good luck looking

Steph

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi,

We used to live just outside of Paris and used to spend many weekends etc in and around Honfleur before catching the boat back to England - many happy memories  :) Have not been their in years though although keep meaning too  :)

S xxxx

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, that really helps  :)
Jxx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Did you book anywhere Jinty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts