Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

I wonder if anyone has had experience similar to my own and can give any advice. I have just had a fourth chemical pregnancy using donor eggs, losing the pregnancy at 5.5 weeks each time.

The last protocol I was being treated for high NK cells, on Intralipids, 20mg Prednisone and clexane. Really felt this latest protocol would work and that we'd found the issue.

I have many of the standard tests following miscarriages, which so far have showed high NK cells, MTHFR mutation (so I now take folate, not folic acid) and I was treated for mild adenomyosis - which 2 doctors said they didn't believe has caused the miscarriages.

If anybody has experiences similar issues and has any advice or could let me know what tests you've had it would be much appreciated and help regain some hope we have things left to try.

Thanks so much

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've had 2 chemicals with 4 DE embryos and it's not fun, is it... I went to Siobhan Quenby and Jan Brosen's Tommy's miscarriage research centre in Coventry after that, which found a different kind of NK cell issue to the ones they diagnose using peripheral bloods (which Quenby and Brosen's research suggests aren't useful!). They're great - very thorough and very kind, and it's about £500 all in. Details here: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/research/biomedical/tem/bru/

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I've had 9 miscarriages over the years. Some OE/OS, some Donor Embryo.
Eventually, I decided to first go back to basics. I found an endocrinologist (private) willing to help me. After lots of blood tests and money, he found borderline diabetes, severe anaemia, vitamin d deficiency, hypothyroidism and pcos.
It took 3 years of diet changes and medication to get my body in tiptop condition to attempt another cycle.
I then found Cherish in Sutton Coldfield who agreed to do recurrent miscarriage testing on me (gp had previously refused) and they found antiphosphillipid syndrome and MTHFR syndrome. Both blood clotting disorders.
Gave my clinic the results and they added clexane and intrallipids into my next cycle Protocol as well as prednisolone and antibiotics.

That cycle was successful and he's now nearly 3 years old.

It was a long, hard, expensive slog to get everything in place for the optimum uterus, but it is so worth it.

I did also go to Professor Quenby in Coventry and they found nothing wrong with me.....

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts