Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearly 43 and had 3 mc in last year(natural conceptions). I saw Raj Rai at St Marys who did the following tests - antiphospholipid antibodies, TEG, activated protein C resistance, factor v leiden and prothrombin gene mutatuion. DH also had DNA fragmentation and we both had Karyotype. TSh is 2.23, glucose 4.5 - told all normal. advised to give one more year and then DE. No further tests advised. Raj Rai does not believe in immune issues/ NK cells - do you think I need any further tests as I dont want to mc again particulrly as plan to embark on de route if not successful soon?
any advice appreciated - not sure if I need to go down immune route
many thanks
burnley x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Burnley,
sorry for your mc's, i know how difficult this is and can understand what you mean about not wanting to wait etc..
The girls on here taught me soooooooo much over the past several months about immnue issues and clinics etc... and the main thing i have learnt is that St Marys do not go into immune issues such as NK cells but the places that do are CARE at Nottingham and the ARGC in London.  From my own experiences i would not wait another year but would go for it then atleast you would know.  Dr ******* at Epsom and Harley Street does test for NKcells but his tx is steroids/heparin etc whereas the other two clinics i mentioned above use ivig and humira aswell if needed.  Am sure others will pop along soon and give you more info upon their experiences. Takecare my lovely.
MichXXX.

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
Hi Burnley

Sorry for your losses  ^hugme^

If your able to concieve naturally im not sure what to suggest really  :-\ i am at the ARGC in London but had IVF as cant concieve naturally anymore  :-[ i had a full immune and clotting profile taken and was found to have two immune issues i had to have Humira a few months before starting tx and then IVIG during stimms  :-*  I am now 18wks pg as you can see from my signature this is the furthest i have got thanks to Mr Taranisi and his team i will be forever grateful  :)

Ps i also went to see Dr ******* but had 4 bfns with just heparin and steroids, i needed the humira, Ivig and a low dose of clexane  :-*

You could try calling the ARGC and see if they will tx you if ttc naturally  ???

Good luck
Emmaxxxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I have been at Mr ******* for NK tests after m/c  and used his treatment (steroids and clexane) with my previous clinic then moved to ARGC and they both use the same treatment really Mr S can prescribe IVIG and humira if needed.
L

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks girls for the advice and support - still not sure re Immune issues as  my eggs are probably dodgy due to age but dont want to mc donor eggs either
Thanks again
Burnley xx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Burnley,

I was also seen at the St Mary's clinic.

Not sure if this would be useful or not. Here is a link to Dr Beer's website that has an oneline self test to see if immune factors could be an issues.

https://www.repro-med.net/tests/immtest.php

Please note that this external link is not the responsibility of Fertility Friends

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks girls
Bxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts