Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i hope someone has experience of this or can help...

I have this red rash type thing which is on my stomach, thigh and arms and recently has been spreading down my legs.....  I have an incredibly intense itch all over at most times of the day..... It started off with tiny red bumps and just grew together to form this red mass all over.... It looks like Puppps (Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy) but i am only 13 weeks...... I have been to the docs and he doesn't seem to know what it is...... I have had creams after creams but nothing is working much the last one is starting to take the redness away but the itch is still there....

Help i don't know what to do next?????/

Missy xx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I really don't know hon! If your GP doesn't know have you asked your mw as they might be able to suggest something to help as they've probably seen if before????  Hope it clears up soon for you hon ^hugme^

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will try mw....

Missy xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Not sure if you can use this in preggy but can't see why not.

I have been very itchy since having C and have aqueous cream to use as a soap substitute which sort of works. But, the best thing I have found is E45 Itch Cream!! Have a look in Boots, with all the other E45 stuff. If it works, fab!! If not, what have you lost??

Hope you get it sorted soon!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply but unfortunately e45 itch cream was the first thing i tried but didn't have any affect??

Missy xx

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
I had something like that in my last trimester.  The itchy rash combined with psoriasis, which I have had for years, and the itching drove me mad.  Most moisturisers, including one prescribed by my GP, just made it worse.  What did help was Oilatum bath oil.  You soak in a bath of it for 10-20 mins - quite relaxing in itself, especially towards the end when I was getting big.  I also used an ointment called Unguentum M.  It's a bit greasy but that worked better than creams, which dried out too soon.

It's worth seeing if you can get anything prescribed, though.  I was put on Piriton at one point as well, though I'm not sure how much difference it made.

You have my sympathy - being itchy all the time just makes you miserable!
Essex Girl x

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks will have a look into some of the things you mentioned will try anything??? It really does make your life a misery??

Missy xx

·
Registered
876 Posts
i had incredibly bad itching and tried everything!! The only thing that works for me is oilatum cream.... Huge sympathy because it can really feel like it's taking over your life!
Fx

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi fluffywithteeth, what stage of pregnancy did you have the itch? It really does take over your life.....

Missy xx

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi Missy - I got the mad itch from about 12- 14 weeks! Crazy I know. I've stuck with the oilatum ever since and, touch wood, been fine and am now 33 weeks
Fxx

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sort of the same so i think i will go with what you say, good to hear someone with something similar at an early stage... You don't have too long to go now so good luck???

Missy xx

·
Registered
876 Posts
thanks Missy - only 6 ish weeks to go now... amazing how it speeds up, esp after the 20 week scan. Hope you get some relief from your itch - worth double checking with your gp just in case. Hope the rest of your pg is a bit easier for you!
Fxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just a thought, but are you taking high doses of iron for anaemia / tiredness? My homeopath recommended I took spatone, a natural source of iron, to help counteract fatigue but to watch out if I got itchy so .......

this is probably a long shot, but if you are taking an iron supplement  it may be that you have more than enough? She told me itchiness is one side effect of too much iron and it should ease off if  you stop....

Regarding the obvious: Are you eating something new? Or much more of something? Have you changed shower gel or washing powder - biological washing powder makes my clothes drive me insane with a terrible rash.

Good luck, I really hope you are feeling better soon whatever is causing it....
Am
x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts