Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wondered if anyone can help/ advise or has had any experience of this s i am slightly panicking now.

I'm 12 weeks preg today - and very thankful. We have seen the heartbeat 3 times and all is well growing at the right rate. Gratitude doesn't even begin to cover this feeling.

I have been through a 2 week reduction of medication from

Daily original dose

1200mg Utrogestrone, 1x 25 mg prolutex (lubion) 3 x 2mg Estrofam, 100mg Aspirin, 1 x 5 mg Predinosone, 1 x Clexane

Week 1 reduction

1200mg Utrigestrone, 3 x 2mg Estrofam, 100mg Aspirin, 1 x 5mg Predinosone, 1 x Clexane

Week 2 Reduction

400mg Utrigestrone, 2 x 2mg Estrofam, 100mg Aspirin, 1 x 2.5 mg Predinosone, 1 x Clexane

My progestrone levels were checked today and they have dropped since testing my levels on the original medication dose - but the levels still fall within healthy range (just) for 1st Trimester and 2nd.

I am supposed to come off the medication this week - this is now going to go under review. We know the baby is ok - but I'm not stopping the medication until they have fully checked all the results

What are peoples experiences and any advise welcomed.

Warmest wishes to all

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Mine was always within the right level for trimester, lucky you had yours checked, sounds like you may need to suppliement for longer, I’d be pushing that if I was you just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stacey

I always thought that they jumped my medication down last week on the progest and should have halved it rather than more than halved it. I'm panicking now because of the progest drop that I have lost the baby or it has damaged the corpus lutum. To make things worse the clinic were supposed to reply to me yesterday and didn't - with their thoughts and to instruct me what to do next. They are usually really quick so it has made me worry they think something is wrong.

They were happy for me to go off the medication originally yesterday without a test - which I know a lot of practices do reduce normally without a test - but I had a feeling and didn't feel comfortable so paid for a private one & pushed for them to make the referral. I'm now sat here unable to sleep since 3,30am. Checking all my symptoms and to see if my boobs are still sore etc

Good thing is my pregnancy range fell within normal for this trimester and actually the 2nd trimester but we all know a progest drop is not good. It should be climbing

However as my husband pointed out when I had the last test we are comparing it agains I had had a Protutex (lubion) injection 2 hrs before the test. This test I had no injections and my last does of medication was 200mg Utrogestrone at 8pm 12 hours and 30mins before the test.

We are grateful but I just pray ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ that it is and will all be ok. I'm measuring at around 93nmol/L a healthy 1st trimester is anywhere between 35 nmol/L to 141 nmol/ L - So I am within a healthy range.

On Sunday I move into my second Trimester a Second trimester healthy range is ALSO anywhere between 80.8 nmol/l to 265 nmol/l s I'm also JUST in a healthy range by 12nmol/l and am 1 week before the second trimester as well.

HOWEVER the progesterone level although in a healthy range has dropped since decreasing the medication over 2 weeks which is incredibly alarming. BUT we have had a scan showing the baby was ok 7 days ago and I also have had morning sickness all week and all the rest- in fact the morning sickness has been everyday that I've been sick at least once or twice. My husband has also said there iis no doubt that the pregnancy symptoms are more than there. So this is all positive. I have been feeling pregnant still - if that makes any sense as well. Also though sat here now I'm just feeling worried.

I'm going to continue the medication for a little bit

The positives I guess is that have seen on scans how active it is on the first reduction of medication- somersaulting all over the place.

We have our NHS Nuceal scan on Thursday and some more NHS tests so I guess we will find out if it is ok or not then. It seems like an eternity to wait - although it's only 2 days. the only relief I will have will be when I see & hear that beautiful baby's heartbeat again on the screen. ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ the anxiety I have will have to be managed until then.

I don't think I can go through this again and do another round if this all now goes pear shaped. Im trying NOT to go there - while also preparing for the worse.

thanks for listening

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Your levels will drop coming off the artificial progesterone, that’s a normal thing to do, it’s what it will be like with no supplementation, if you would still be within the guidelines of a “normal” level without supplementation. By 12 weeks as you would know, the placenta will make all the hormones to keep baby ok, usually, I suppose all you can do really is wait until you hear from your clinic and just keep up with any progesterone you have left u til you hopefully hear from them, or alternatively see if you can get a referral to your health care provider to see you regarding this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stacey10 - thank you so much I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience and being so kind to me.

So I was just logging in to adjust the post and to say to you the Clinic emailed and have said to me that the prog levels are good and exactly what you have said.

They have said that because the 400mg dose of Utrogestrone per day is such a low dose - the placenta has taken over the majority of th progestrone production.

I just did know that the progestrone would drop / wasn't aware/made aware of that. Logically I thought this might be the case, but until it's confirmed by someone I'm always unsure.

I think though as I have enough medication to go for a couple of weeks which I wouldn't do - but I would feel more comfortable going until Friday at least and having another test on Friday - to see if the levels have risen to a better level.

I'm on Estrogen and Utrogestrone though - I'm wondering if he will let me take just the utrogestrone and how that would work.

thanks again for your help and shared experience- because it really does. I was only just inside the range- while still on 400mg Utrogestrone and 4mg Estrofam - which is what makes me wary of coming off this too soon.

Don't know what I would have done without this forum.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about coming off the estrogen, there are clinics that have you off that at 8 weeks, I wouldn’t see any problems with you continuing the utrogestan for a couple more weeks if that would ease your mind a little, you could maybe continue with the 400mg for the rest of the week then drop down to 200mg until your supply has finished.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts