Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my first ivf my clinic started me on 112.5 of gonal f and after the first scan it was increased to 150 as they could only see 4 or 5 small follies and although I was bracing myself for a low number of eggs I ended up with 10.

This time they started me on 150 of gonal f and since day 6 of stimming I've been in for scans and blood tests every other day.  I have lots of follies (20+ over 10mm plus other smaller ones) so they've obviously been keeping an eye on me with OHSS in mind.  After today's scan I was booked in for EC on Wednesday with trigger shot on Monday night.  The clinic have just phoned and they are keeping these dates the same but have asked me to reduce my gonal f dose to 112.5 tonight and 75 tomorrow night.

Now I have a hundred things going through my mind.....will reducing the dose mean my egg quality will suffer?  And I'm wondering how likely it'll be that I get OHSS?  Is there much I can do except drink 2 litres of water a day to try and stave it off?

Really hoping some of you ladies who have been in a similar situation will be able to help/reassure me  ^pray^

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Hun

I'm not sure if this will help?
I am on day 8 of stimms (first time IVF) I was put on high level Menapur as I was expected to be a poor responder due to very low AMH but on my first scan  (last Wed) I had 13 folllies. In the evening after the scan the nurse phoned to tell me to reduce my menapur by 2 ampules. When I went back to the hospital on Friday for my second scan I had 9 very good size follies and 2 that had grown ahead of the others. I asked the nurse why they had reduced my meds when i was responding well and she said that it is much better for eggs if follicles  grow nice and slowly rather than really quickly. My EC date is expected to be next friday as originally scheduled x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts