Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(  I'm feeling a bit sad today.  We have been sent the reference forms which shows the intention to write to and maybe interview DH's ex.  In the past his ex has been rather cruel even though she was the one that ended the marriage. She has made comments to people saying that shes glad I can't conceive cos there may be less for her children.   I think she may take the opportunity to put the knife in if possible and don't know whether to warn SS in advance, or whether it is better to deal with it afterwards.    She comes across as so charming too so she could be quite convincing if she lied about him :'(.  I know my ex is a great dad, but how can we prove otherwise if she says he was not?   Its just so hard when you know you will make great parents, but the one person who dislikes us could have control over our future.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Danielle

I'm not sure what SS would do if she said something.  There is very good reason why they write to them.  They will give them so long to respond and if they get nothing then they take that as nothing's wrong. 

I would think if they said something then they would go out and interview her and I'm sure they've had ex's in the past try to stick a spanner in the works.  If it makes you feel better I would just tell your SW about the types of comments she's made in the past and that she has been quite malicious.

Good luck
Karen x

PS Although my dh does not have kids (obviously!)from his first marriage, if its any consolation, his ex did not reply!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.