Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Reflexology anyone?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  lollyalt 
#1 ·
Hiya,

I've heard things about the power of reflexology and how it can help when ttc.  Can anyone advocate use of this alternative therapy in conjunction with IVF?  Success stories would be great.

I've booked myself a couple of sessions before my next ICSI cycle and am hoping it will be the thing that makes it work for us this time!

Love Katie x

#2 ·
Hi Katie,

I went for reflexology every week for over a year, and nothing happened.  However, I'm not sure that was a reflection on reflexology, but rather just on the state of my body at the time! 

I did however become pregnant after only one month of acupuncture!  Not that this can be statistically proven or anything, but I think the acupuncture somehow worked better for me.  Maybe try one or both and see how it makes you feel??

Best of luck!!

Julia

#3 ·
Hi Katie

During my third IVF cycle I had reflexology and got a BFP!  ;D

I thought reflexology was fab and would like to think that it played it's part in our success.  There were lots of other things I did differently on that third cycle too though ... so anyone of them could have been the changing factor.

Good luck and enjoy the reflexology ... it's so relaxing!

Love
Dee
xxx

#4 ·
Hi Katie,

I used Reflexology for IUI, I know that's a fair bit different, but I used it as an aid to stimulation whilst on Clomid. I think it helped and it's really good at balancing all your body as very holistic and all that.

Good luck with IVF.

LOl Charlie xxx

#5 ·
Hi Katie,
We both had reflexology this time round and got a  ^reiki^ and I think it played a huge part.  We both relaxed completley (we went together and lay side by side) and had the time to completley chill and spend time together before tx, during and even now.  Our reflexologist was amazing and was a complete rock to us both when negative thoughts jumped in.  I would definatley reccommed it and can always give you her number as she is the head of the AOR (assoc. of reflexologists) and can tell you a qualified reflexologist in your area - beware there are lots of fake's out there and you want to make sure they are doing the right part of your feet!  IM me if you want her number, she's great!
Good Luck with your tx.
:-*

#6 ·
Hi

I am going today for my last session of reflexology today, and as the girls have said before it is wonderful.

I will hopefully get basted on Monday for my 3rd IUI and I am hoping that my sessions with the reflexologist will certainly have helped.  Here Hoping???

Alison

#7 ·
Katie
I started having reflexology just before I started my first round of ICSI in September last year.

My therapist was able to 'feel' when I needed the loo and also she could 'feel' that my uterus was spongy and ready for the embies to be put in. I had a session 2 days before my embies went in and am delighted to say that I am now 27 weeks pregnant with twins. I had never done anything complimentary therapies before. I've carried on going to her throughout my pregnancy and she has cured back ache and indigestion for me so far.

Make sure you find a really good therapist though.

Good Luck
Lorraine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.