Anyone know how much sessions are?

How do I find a qualified therapist?

Sorry for all the questions.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hi ya

i have pcos had reflexoligy(my auntie is a reflexoigist) and since having it i have now started to ovulate each month-before i ovulated my cycles were very irratic anything from 14 days to 60 days -i cant say 100% that it was all down to the reflexoligy as at the time i was on metformin and clomid however i was on clomid back in 2000 for 4 months and it didnt make me ovulate then

i would say try it and see how you feel-i have to say i would find a reflexoligist that is recommended to you -you can ring your local college who will do everning training courses and get a trainee to do it which is your cheapest option(about £3 per session)

take care and hope this helps

Mez xoxoxoxo

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi everyone!
Iam looking in to having reflexology but i wanted to know has anyone been to have it and how did u find it?
I am not doin nothing now as for the tabs scan's and blood goes but still getting  ^BMS^ and the rite time till partners sperm has been tested in august then it will be down the iui route for us if everything comes bak ok.  ^reiki^  I hate just sitting round if i know something out there may help in the mean time.

:'(I just found out sil is having a baby so i had a really bad day y-day but iam feeling ok today iam well happy for them but i just wish it was my turn  :( nm my turn will come and it will mean much more to us and it will be so special  ^reiki^ i just got to keep thinking positive. They came down y-day and i felt so small tha she could get preg and i cant do it natural which should be the most natural thing, its such a horrible feeling.
Thanks for reading and i hope u can give me some info on reflexology
^reiki^  ^feedback^
take care xx

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry to hear you are recovering from a SIL BFP announcement. Here's hoping it's your turn soon.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I am having reflexology at the moment but have only had two sessions and have nothing to report yet.

I have read a lot of anecdotal evidence that at the very least, it helps you cope with IF and some people swear it actually improves fertility.

I know what you mean about needing to be doing something while you're waiting, so reflexology would probably be good for that.

I hope you have lots of luck with your DH's results and the IUI.
Juniper

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I've had a quite a few reflexology sessions and am going back next month for some more. I love it. I love having my feet messed with anyway so its ideal for me! It relaxes me hugely and I feel very "unblocked" when I come out. And peaceful. You'll enjoy it I'm sure.

xxx

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Hi

I had reflexology last year for about 6 months and really enjoyed it!!!  I have now started acupuncture and have had 2 sessions and am feeling its working more than reflexology - I am so calm and happy at the moment but then that could be cos I have stopped taking clomid!!!!

Good luck

Sarah

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the reply's girls.
If u dont mind me asking how much are u paying for reflexology?
sarah - how much is acupunture? hope u dont mind me asking

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

You might want to take a look on the complementary therapies board as there's loads of posts about reflexology & acupuncture...

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,14.0.html

I've been having reflexology on/off for years but on a very adhoc basis...we have a subsidized masseur/reflexologist come into our offices once a week but he's very popular so really only get to see him maybe once every 3 weeks unless there are cancellations !! Cos ours is subsidized what we pay is probably irrelevant to you...£6 for half an hour.

I also saw acupuncturist for many months last year but only stopped cos he broke his leg on holiday and was out of action for ages !! I didn't have acu whilst having IVF but since we start FET in couple of weeks I've booked to start up again for before, during and after treatment - he charges £30 an hour.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I had reflexology when I got my bfp with dd. Then had it all the way through my pregnancy. I swear by it and i really think it helped alot. But my therapist retired and I havent managed to find a good one to replace her yet. So when I do I will be back on that track

Good luck and most of all enjoy it.

Sal xx

Ps  I paid £25 for a 1 hour session

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Acupuncture I pay £30 an hour  ^reiki^

·
Registered
300 Posts
:) Thanks
I have just rang this place now it it costs 20 pound for 1 hr  but iam waiting for a phone call bak so i can have a proper chat about it as i spoke to her daughter who didn't really know much about it, as she had a beauty salon upstairs.
I will deff go i will make a appointment wen the lady rings me. anything is worth a try  :p
sarahstewart - I thought acupuncture was much more expensive than tha ^idiot^ i may look into having tha see how u find reflexology first thou  ;D  ^reiki^   ^reiki^  ^reiki^
^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
I think £30 for 1 hour is pretty average for acupuncture !!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sallystar  - how long was u having it for before u got your bfp? was u on any treatment at the time u was having it done?

Thanks minxy, i didn't have a clue how much it was and i was really thinking it would of been much more, very surprised at the price which i also think is very good!

Any more  ^reiki^ stories on reflexology?
Got my first session 2mor and i cant wait  :)  ^banana^
thanks xx

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
think my reflexology is £17 and my acupuncture was £45 for initial session sollowed by £35 per session after that

Good luck and enjoy!

xx

·
Registered
300 Posts
;D  ^hello^
Wish me luck for this afternoon having my feet touched wen i hate people touching my feet just hope she don't tickle them  ;D
Really hope it does me good i cant wait  ^banana^
Will let u all know how it goes and how i find it.
Chat to u soon xx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts