Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is safe to have reflexology in the 2ww? I couldnt get an appointment an earlier and it's going to be my first.  ??? any thoughts? fiwi

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
My reflexologist said they are not allowed to do reflexology in the first trimester or pregnancy.  I am not sure if this includes the 2ww.  They should be able to advise you.  Personally I would be happy to have it in the 2ww.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

My reflexologist said she would not be happy to perform reflexology in the 2ww.  Instead i have been having a fab neck shoulder & back massage which is great for getting rid of tension and all the 'knots' in my shoulders and neck.

Good luck

Julie

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
I think you would find it hard to find someone who would do it.  Not because it would have any negative effect but because it is a sensitive time and they would not want to be held responsible for instance, if you had a bleed the next day after the session. 

My reflexologist said that she had sessions all through her pregnancy and it was safe but she was advised never to do womens feet if they are under 12 weeks because of the risk of blame if something went wrong.

That was a bit waffly  ^idiot^ but I hope it makes sense  ;D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladies for your advice, I think I will postpone my appointment.
fiwi  :)

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Ahhhh I forgot to mention that she also said that Reflexology later in pregnancy could facilitate labour - I will be testing the theory if I get pregnant ;D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have postponed the appointment for a bit, hopefully I will get a BFP and I won't need her for while. I heard it was also good for constipation in the latter part of pregnancy. Good luck to you, I hope you get to test the theory  ^noAF2^  fiwi

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Looking for advice.

I had ET yesterday and am looking at having reflexology to help with relaxation and hopefully implantation.

Does anyone have advice whether or not I should keep my appointment for Tuesday (day 4 of 2WW)?

Alison XXX

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi, I am so glad you asked thius question as I want to know the same thing.  I have been having reflexology for the past 3 months and it had been brilliant.  But now that I am on the 2WW after my IUI yesterday I am not sure what to do.

My reflexologist at my last appt talked about what would happen if I became pg, she said that there are 2 areas that can bring on a miss, but said that this would happen only when a miss was going to happen anyway - ie it would happen sooner.

She is really good and I trust her, but now I am having doubts, not sure??

Veronica 

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi,

When I was on 2ww I asked this question on the boards and was told not to have reflexology because it could trigger miscarriage.  I don't know whether it is true or not but I would suggest avoiding it just in case.

Wishing you both all the best

Fitouxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.