Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I've been reading here for a while, but haven't joined until now.  I'm currently in need of some advice though.

I am single and have been having DIUI treatment since last summer.  I have had 3 cycles.

I went back to my clinic last week for a follow up appointment to be told no sperm available and 6 months before the next is due out of quarantine.  Disappointed I wasn't told that 'supplies' were running low beforehand, but there we are.

However, I have since learned that the clinic have, this week, offered someone in the same situation as me (single) treatment with ds.  My head's all over the place - my last cycle ended in a 10w m/c which is hard enough as I'm sure some of you know, but I really feel totally let down now.  Can they do this?  I'm wondering if they would rather not treat me as I'm knocking on a bit now.  Is it usual practice for clinics to pick and choose who they treat?

Sorry for the desperate sounding post, but I'm feeling a little lost.  Thought I'd see if I could get some advice here, before a Spanish inquisition type call to them.

Many thanks
PB

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello PB

^hugme^ - horrible situation to be in.

One things that springs to mind is the CMV status. Some clinics won't give -cmv recipients with +cmv sperm, and vice versa. Dp you need cmv neg sperm? I did so was waiting longer for treatment.

Hope you get some answers

xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lady Lottie, thanks for you quick reply.

I'd be surprised if that was the reason.  As far as I know, my clinic don't test CMV status.  I have a copy of my notes as I thought I was going to have to change clinic (looks like I still will) and the CMV status box is blank.  I was also offered the pick of all donors they had available last summer.  It's so confusing.

Look at your little fella - he's gorge.  Congrats!

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Ahh - thank you PB. He is a lovely little man thats for sure  :)

I do hope you get to the bottom of it with the clinic. I hated that wait for sperm - so very frustrating. I actually went abroad in the end for treatment. Even worse tho if it seems people are being treated quicker.

Have you been posting on the Singles women boards too?

xx

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Peabold

I am about to have DIUI at Bourne Hall near Cambridge, I was given a match within 10 days of all my blood tests etc being done. They told me they have a plentiful supply of donors! I think they also use the International Sperm Donor Bank too if their supplies are running low.

The staff are amazing there and I highly recommend getting in touch. You can contact them through their website (just Google "Bourne Hall") and they get back pretty quickly.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted soon.  ^hugme^
Sunflower
^reiki^ ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts