Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently tried reiki  i was wondering whether it is safe to carry on with reiki after the embryos have been implanted  ? on the one hand it is really relaxing  and calms me down but it can make parts of your body hot etc
has anyone got any views on this ?
mashie

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hi hun

im no nurse however i would say reiki is safe as it is a spirital thing rather then too physical

i would ask the person u have reiki from on there thoughts

hugs

Mez
xxx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Mastie

I can't answer your question, but I would say I am due to have E/T on Monday and I have booked 8 sessions throughout my 2ww (as it totally relaxes me). The lady said she didn't seem to think there would be a probably, and has treated ladies before.

If you are worried you can always ask her not to do your stomach, as my Reiki lady said wherever she places her hands, it only heals when its needs healing. e.g. by touching your face could heal your stomach.

Hope this makes sense, all the best for e/t  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kez

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks kez and mez!
i will ask my reiki lady
it is great stuff reiki isnt it! i thought it was quite miraculous to calm me down as i am such a stress bunny!!
this is my first time posting on the site and i notice you all have little profiles about yourself under your replies- could you tell me how its done ( i am very slow with this techy stuff so can you explain fora beginner !)
and is there a list on the site of what all the abrieviations mean?
good luck with your endeavours too girls !
mashie xxx
p.s. i was very excited to get such quick replies !!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
your welcome mashie

to write under ur name click on your profile and then enter it in the signature section
xxx

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hiya

I can't comment on reiki as I've never had it - although the girl I work with practices reiki on animals!

BUT I will certainly recommend acupuncture - I'm positive it helped me with my BFP this time and helped my embies stick around.  The needles really help with blood flow and circulation and it was so relaxing!!

Good luck.

Kim
xx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks kim and happy birthday  ;D!!
congratulations on bfp ;D!hope all goes well for you.
i had a missed m/c too and i found out at 12 week scan so i was devastated.i will take heart from your news that it can work again!i get my eggs collected on monday.
i have been doing acupuncture and i agree with you that i am sure it helps- the reiki is more of a calming the mind thing really but seems to work for me( no easy task!)
mashie xxx :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mashie

Ooops - my birthday was last Tuesday, I really need to amend my text now!!!

I'm sorry you suffered a missed m/c too - it's extremely traumatic isn't it, when you get that far - I just assumed when I got my BFP that "that was that" and I was pregnant and having a baby -  I didn't imagine for one minute that something might go wrong.

This time around I've been a nervous wreck - I'm 15+2 now and don't think I'll ever relax!  But yes, it can and does work again, so I'll have everything crossed for you.

Good luck - sending you positive vibes!!  ^reiki^

Kim
x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.