Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)  Hi everyone

I'm embarking on the clomid  ^scared^ route soon.  I have endo and have painful periods.  Somebody mentioned that I should try yoga to relax etc but I heard that you shouldn't do yoga if pregnant.  Would it be ok to do yoga during the 2ww as you wouldnt know you were pregnant or not?

Thanks for any advice!

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Maybe you should ask the question on the ask a nurse thread.  I'm a big yoga fan, though I havent done it for a while as there is nothing much in my area.  But there are many different types of yoga, some quite strenuous, and others very gentle.  Its a great way to relax.  I cant imagine the more gentle type of yoga would do you any harm at all.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, hope this ok to post here. one of the girls suggested this would be best place to question this!  :)

I'm embarking on the clomid route soon.  I have endo and have painful periods.  Somebody mentioned that I should try yoga to relax etc but I heard that you shouldn't do yoga if pregnant.  Would it be ok to do yoga during the 2ww as you wouldnt know you were pregnant or not?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:)

thanks for the reply megan. I've posted on the nurses forum.  My work offers after work classes once a week and I do fancy attending but obviously don't want to anything I shouldn't.

Take care x

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Flowerpot

I'm sure Yoga is actually good for you when ttc and when pregnant. I do yoga and it does help to de-stress. Also, the gym I go to does a yoga class especially for pregnant women.

Hope this helps.

Rach. x

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Yoga is recommended in pregnancy as one of the best forms of exercise.
In the first trimester you are supposed to avoid certain postures though so if trying to conceive this might apply too.  I'd find a relaly good teacher and check

Good luck with ttc!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts