Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My last HIV 1 & 2...... and Hepititus 1 & 2 was on the 18th of June 2007. Our next cycle which is NHS is due to sart in June/July. Will i need repeats of all of these now?

It's just i  can go and get them now in preparation and to save time.....

Also, will they be needing another FSH, LH and Oestradiol profile? The last one i had was 11th of December 2006. I don't think i can request this at my GP can I?...Without it being requested?

It's just i have AF due on 24th of June and 22nd of July, so expect to start down-regging on either of those two dates and figured thats not far away atall!

Thanks  :)  ^fairydust^ to all xxxxxx Evette xxxxxxx

G

·
Hi Evette - yes you will need the HIV etc repeated for those timelines....they can take 3 weeks so I'd get on the case! I'd also def get an uptodate profile done - any recent info is so impt for protocols etc...good luck! If your GP is nice they should do it for you - but again it can take a week to come back - though heaven knows why! ^idiot^ ;D

xxx

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Evette,

We were told as long as it was within 2 years of last test they didn't need to be done again, and when we have just done our last cycle 18 months after first one, we only had FSH, LH and Oestradiol profile and sperm counts done again, dh did not have to give any blood.

I see Lukey has experienced different, so unless it varies per clinic i am not sure ...

Good luck with your tx

Netty

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies!

I'll get them all done Monday/Tuesday then!!! Just to be sure. Its a bit concerning that they haven't asked me to get them done again in preparation anyway!?  :(

Hopefully as it's and NHS cycle this time with Boune Hall, my GP won't grumble about them!

Off we go again then with the HORRIBLE blood tests!  ^eyes^ I've gotton away with it for a year and now its begun again  ;D But all for the best cause!

Evette xxxxxxxxx

G

·
TBhonest Evette - maybe call them then ? - I did not realise there were different rules for each clinic! I thought it was an HFEA "rule?".... ^idiot^...I have always had to have it done each year.....generally they say it is your responsibility to know when to repeat them and to get them done without prompting !! :eek: :eek: I only just remembered mine a few weeks ago!

xxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
some clinics want HIV and Hep B and C less than a year others 6 months- so no harm in getting them done if you GP will do them for you and also don't want to delay treatment.  I get my FSH/LH/ostrodial and prolatcin done every month via GP but I am sure LWC will do them for you if not when they started you off.
L x

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Hi,
I was always told they had to be rechecked after a year too!
Prija

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Hi

Evette as you know i'm at bourn and I think they like the HIV etc yearly, the FSH etc depends a bit on your age from what I remember when I last asked them, but probably yearly at least is best.

are you doing your ivf with them via ipswich hospital or will you be going directly to them?  they may well want to do an antral follicle count anyway (they did with me) so it might be best to hold off, or phone and ask.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll definately be getting as much done as possible before our intitial consultation!

PiePig - This is our 2nd cycle and this time is through Ipswich hospital yes. Our last cycle was private with LWC so i am a bit lost in how it all works to be honest! We phoned the hospital and they said we should expect our appointment for initial consultation at Bourn Hall through the post in around a week or so!! Thats all we've been advised! Nothing else.

I don't mind if like Lukey says its our responsibility to get these things done ourselves.... but how are we supposed to know... ^idiot^

I still don't know where i'll be monitered then.... I presume bourne hall?? What will i need to go to Ipswich hospital for??

Evette xxx ^fairydust^

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
hey evette

as far as I can tell there are two possible scenarios with ipswich/bourn at the moment.

we've been told that when our NHS go comes up everything will be done at bourn, monitoring etc everything , someone else i know who has just had their first consultation for their NHS go is having monitoring done at ipswich and then transport IVF at bourn which is just EC/ET or even just ET.

thats just the way I've been told it anyway.

xxx

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi  :)

Well, went to GP yesterday and he gave me slips for repeat HIV 1 & 2, HEP B & C. Also FSH, LH, Prolactin and oestradiol. Dp got Hiv & Hepititus repeats and also another SA which can't be bad! We actually forgot about that so it was good that he mentioned it.

So everything is fine and ready for consultation, which reminds me, going to go and chase that up!.....

Evette xxx  ^fairydust^ xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

We've always had to have our HIV, Hep B&C tested yearly and have now had these done 3 times.  You can get these done for free on NHS at your local GU clinic even if having private treatment....just ensure you inform them the reasons why you're having done as they need to put the results in writing for your clinic, rather than just verbally over the phone.

I have also been under the impression that this was an HFEA ruling that HIV & Heps should be no older than 1 year old before starting treatment so if anyone's been told different then I would definitely get this clarified.

As for hormone bloods eg FSH, Oestradiol and sperm tests....these should usually be no older than 3-6mths before starting treatment....most clinics will require up to date recent tests.

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts