Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just wondering if any of you ladies have cycled or visited the new clinic opened in manchester. Reproductive Health Group. They offer free consultations aswell. TIA.

Gulnaz

Premium Member

Registered
Hi Gulnaz,

sorry for the late reply, but not been on here for a while.

We have been there twice, once for a free consultation and once for an open evening. We had contacted several clinics with a view to starting self funded IVF in the new year and they are the only one of several in the North West we have contacted that has provided us with good communcation. The others were very poor at getting back to us or did not give a response at all. That doesn't instill us with much faith for them communicating with us well when we are doing IVF.聽 However, every time we have contacted the reproductive health group they have responded straight away and given us helpful answers.

We visited the new centre at Daresbury and have met the staff there who all seem very friendly, approachable and upfront.聽 The centre appears to have all the state of the art equipment. We also had an AMH test carried out there and they were very efficient in the process.

For these reasons we have decided to go with them when we start our IVF.聽 Although they do not have a record of results as they are new, we think they will have something to prove and will therefore be pulling out all the stops to get results. Also, I don't think the statistics mean everything, for us it's as much about how well they explain things and communicate and how approachable they are - I feel that if I'm comfortable with them and well informed that's likely to have a positive impact.

I hope that helps a bit.聽 Once we have started the process I can update you more.

I'd advise you to go to one of the open evenings if you can - I found it useful and you get to meet the staff and consultants too.

Aurora

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Aurora

Thank you for the reply. How are you doing? Have you started your treatment there yet? Please keep us updated as to how it is going etc. Good luck.

Gulnaz

Registered
Hi Gulnaz,

Not yet, we are getting an appointment next week to try and start things moving.聽 We had a bit of a delay, as we found out that our CCG might fund one round of IVF (through the local NHS centre) but we now know that we have to wait several months for that so have decided to do a round privately first as we don't want to waste any more time.

How are things with you?

Aurora

Registered
Aurora, not sure if you know but most CCGs take of your funding entitlement any that you've self funding so I'd look into this before spending your own money.
We were allowed 3 but because we'd self funded one they took one of us.
It might be worth you waiting. X

Premium Member
Mines the same as Jam they knock a cycle off for each private you have

L x

Registered
Thanks to you both for raising this.

We have checked this with the CCG and they said not.聽 We have an email to say that, so if they go back on it we have something in writing!

Thanks

Registered
Gulnaz said:
Hi all

Just wondering if any of you ladies have cycled or visited the new clinic opened in manchester. Reproductive Health Group. They offer free consultations aswell. TIA.

Gulnaz
I had a hysteroscopy there last week as was so impressed by Mr Nardo - he had carried out my ERPC at The Alexandra after a MMC.

The facilities were brand new and spotless, the staff were all lovely and had been very efficient on the phone, via email and with sending out letters. On the day they couldn't have been more supportive, the anesthetist and theatre staff were amazing with me as I was so upset having only had the MMC a few weeks before.

Im definitely considering them if I should cycle again. They seem very innovative but at the same time very patient focused.

Registered
I'd agree with everything Single39 says.聽 However, we are not longer going there at present.聽 We have since found out we could get one NHS round, but not if we did a funded round first, so we are going to wait and do the NHS round then if that isn't successful (we we really hope it will be) then we'll look at going to RHG.

Would be interested in the mean time, to hear from anyone else who uses them.聽 Let us know how you get on

Good luck all x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts