Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
3221 - 3227 of 3227 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new here! We're still deciding on whether to stay in the UK for treatment or going to Reprofit in Brno? The prices just seem really close with all things considered. So far our initial "treatment " at Leeds fertility has been non-existent and cold. Did anyone else have trouble deciding which one to go for price wise and emotion wise? Any recommendations? Any help appreciated?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Ottimista2020 👋 We too had initial treatments with Leeds fertility and although we found our doctor to be very good, the rest of our experience was cold, and not very good generally. Lots of mix ups and we felt for the money we could get much better abroad. We had 2 rounds at Reprofit. I don’t want to put you off as I know many people find them to be good but this wasn’t the case for us unfortunately. Although they seemed more advanced than Leeds, they were far colder and we had numerous problems with them. Too many to even write here. They were great at first but the longer we stayed the worse their care was, it was like they lost interest. I’m sure they were better before they became too busy. I found their protocols very standard, not enough investigational treatment, they weren’t willing to listen, communication became bad, they were extremely rude and it ended up us making a formal complaint (which I’ve never done in my life). It caused huge amounts of stress and we wasted time and huge amounts of money. We still have an embryo there but even though it is very precious to us, we will never go back. We are now with Serum in Athens, and it is a whole different experience and an absolute breath of fresh air! From start to finish everything is better, Serum staff and their patients, we are like one big family it’s amazing. Again the reason I write this is to be honest not to offend anyone, I wish I had known ages a go what I know now, but you may find you have a great experience there? I have also dealt with Leeds which is why I replied to you because I know what they are like. If you find Leeds cold, you may find Reprofit worse. I have never been the type to need my hand held and I like direct people but it was too much for me and far too much stress. My advice would be to check out other places too before making a decision, we kinda jumped in too quickly! ******** groups are a huge help as most patients talk on there now instead of here, it gives you a real good up to date sense of what’s going on and helped us make our decision to move to where we felt happier. Good luck with everything 😊 xx

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi ladies hope you are all well just popping on to see if anyone is cycling at the moment and travelling to Brno. It's a bit of a minefield at the moment and just wanted to know if anyone has made it out recently.

Ottimista2020 - Good luck on choosing your clinic with Reprofit it just depends on your consultant we have always been with Dr Pavel and he is brilliant. Dr Hanna can be quite matter of fact but not cold. We have done 13 cycles and have cycled in the UK (Oxford & Zita) and Athens (Serum) and I would say that Serum were amazing but just did not work for us but we loved their approach. Reprofit finally worked for us but we have also developed thick skin as we have had appalling treatment in the UK.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Everyone!
I'm back …. anyone cycling at the moment?!  … Nataz … I straight away recognise you from my last cycle!  How are you?!?!
To introduce myself … In 2016 my first IVF cycle in Cambridge, UK resulted in my DS now 4 years old!  At the end of the pregnancy I developed awful PND and debilitating tinnitus and spent some time in a mum and baby unit.  Took me about 18 months to recover … we then tried our two frozen embies from that cycle but a BFN.  In January 2019 we travelled to Reprofit for our next fresh cycle which resulted in my beautiful DD now 17 months old!  We were also lucky enough to freeze 1xHB and 1xB on day 6.
I have today made contact with our Reprofit co-ordinator to make arrangements for a Summer FET! I am so excited and desperately hoping for another successful trip.  My IVF journey started when I was 36 … I am now "over the hill" at 41!  I am one of three children so my dream is to have one more … I have been incredibly lucky so just hoping for a little bit more  ;)
Best wishes to all, hoping to find ladies to chat with! x

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Ladies - i hope you don't mind jumping on here to ask a few questions. Admin - please point me in the right direction if it's not appropriate to post here.

We have just had the devastating news that my two OE embies didn't make it past day 3. I started a research on czech clinics in February when I had a baseline scan with 0 AFC. That's when it hit me that my OE journey might be coming to an end.
Anyway, Reprofit is one of the clinics in the going and I just wanted to ask what you girls think. Why did you decide to go with them and most importantly what is travelling like between the UK and the clinic is like at the moment? Did you have to pay for two Covid tests upon arrival back in the UK or are you exempt because you travelled for medical reasons?

Good luck and ^fairydust^ to all of you. Thank you in advance to whoever is taking the time to respond xxx

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Hi pritamin
I did DE in reprofit back in 2019.
I'm afraid I cant be much help regarding covid but I would thoroughly recommend them.
The only downside is that travel is a bit of a faff unless u live near Stansted as that's the only airport that flys direct to bruno. Otherwise it's a.flight to Prague. Taxi to the main bus station and coach to bruno. I dont know how that would be in covid times but maybe someone who's cycled there more recently can help.
All in all I found reprofit highly professional with very high success rates
Best of luck xx

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey there,
Anybody out there about to or currently cycling with Reprofit?
We got a date for DE EC on 15th September and ET on 20th.

3221 - 3227 of 3227 Posts