Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been offered a bewildering choice of down regulation drugs and stimulation drugs and i wonder if you could point me in the direction please of any independent clinical research that compares the results of each?

For instance to down regulate i've been offered - sniffing, daily injection or a one off monthly injection - I'm leaning towards the easier route of a one off injection but have read on the noticeboards that most people seem to take a daily medication so I'm unsure about what to do. What is the difference please between the daily down regulation regime and the monthly one? i don't want to make the wrong choice.

Also in terms of stimuation drugs - some seem to contain just FSH and others include LH? Does the LH factor make a difference in terms of producing better eggs please?

Hope Catie's ok?

suzi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi

Sorry Peter

I'm not sure if you've seen this? I'm going off the end of the page!

Many thanks

Suzi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Suzi

I know you are asking Peter a question but I would just like to say that I was offered loads of different drugs etc and we didn't have a clue what to chose, in the end because my Gp was paying for them I chose the cheapest as the consultant said there was not much difference performance wise with them all. I did daily injections at first with Suprecur (think I spelt it right)in my belly with a really small needle - not a bad a it soundsand I didn't get any side effects to mention, then 10 days of mengon (in my bum), I was also given Pregnyl for a day or so before egg collection, but only had 1 inj instead of three as after my EC I had to go on Gestone injs every day because of something or other.. I am still having these inj until I'm 12 weeks. (currently 10wk 3days with twins).

Hope What I have said may be of some help!

Good Luck

Lynn

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

suzi said:
Hi

I've been offered a bewildering choice of down regulation drugs and stimulation drugs and i wonder if you could point me in the direction please of any independent clinical research that compares the results of each?

There is a lot in the medical literature but unless you are a medic or a scientist it will not be very informative. Most clinics have their preferred combinations and in general it is better to let your physician decide.

For instance to down regulate i've been offered - sniffing, daily injection or a one off monthly injection - I'm leaning towards the easier route of a one off injection but have read on the noticeboards that most people seem to take a daily medication so I'm unsure about what to do. What is the difference please between the daily down regulation regime and the monthly one? i don't want to make the wrong choice.

My main experience is with sniffing and this works well. The only real snag with the daily dose is forgetting to take it!

Also in terms of stimuation drugs - some seem to contain just FSH and others include LH? Does the LH factor make a difference in terms of producing better eggs please?

Pure human recombinant FSH gives the best overall result but is also the most expensive.

Hope Catie's ok?

Very well thanks!

Peter

suzi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts