Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth,

Ive been on stimms since this Tues  and apart from the odd twitchy and stabbing like pains in the pelvic area I dont feel much 'activity' going on at all. Before my usual period Im in alot of pain... Perhaps its early days with the stimms?

Im presently on Menopur 150 and having scan on Monday....

If there is a poor response what is the longest time one can take stimms for in one's present cycle?

Can the dose be upped or drugs changed if Im not responding without abandoning cycle?

Is it possible to over suppress- I d/regged for 22 days on Burserlin- so that it  causes a poor response to stimms?

Thanks, Deborah

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You can take stimms for easily up to 14 days or more so dosage can be increased if poor response seen.
It is possible to over suppress but is unusual if FSH levels are normal.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi Deb,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in but on my first cycle of ovulation induction, I was on a very low dose to start with and it was built up gradually. Because of this I ended up stimming for 21 days before the cycle was abandoned. This wasn't anything to do with the length of time I'd been stabbing, but I was going on holiday so they couldn't keep an eye on me.

Hopefully you won't end up stabbing for too long though. Best of luck,

Chux xx

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ruth and Chux

Thanks for your responses...

Chux- hopefully Ill respond and not land up stabbing for ages either...ive had to get over my needle phobia real quick.
Thats wonderful to hear that you are pregnant - wishing you a very happy and healthy one, Debs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts