Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope one of the nurses can answer my question.

I had a laparoscopy perfomed back in Nov 04. My consultant subsequently advised that there was a healthy motile uterus, but the "outer thirds of each fallopian tube are slightly thickened". Also no dye would go through. I am so confused as I had a HSG done by my previous clinic only about 18 months previous to this and the results of that were normal, both tubes open. Therefore IVF is our only hope (unfortunately I got another BFN this time round).  I haven't been able to pin my consultant down to ask what he meant by the above and how it has happened.  Hence we have changed from DIUI to DIVF.

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light. Does it mean that I would never get pg by natural means, even if DH was fertile.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Unfortunately the state of our tubes can alter over time so to have a HSG show clear and then 18 months later a lap indicate blocked tubes can happen. As dye did not come through, the tubes are likely to be blocked as it is less likely for spasms to occur with this test than with a HSG.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.