Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have done something really stupid I'm just over 14 weeks pregnant and have just realised that my moisturiser that i use everyday has got retinyl in it should i be concerned i' so worried do you think I've harmed my baby??? any thoughts

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Obviously I am no expert but I would have thought that it isn't actually absorbed that deeply or they would have to put warnings on the stuff. However, I would change to something else now just for peace of mind.

Chux xx

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply
Yep I will be changing from now do you know anything that is safe to use they seem to put so many chemicls in everything??

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi shallot,

I use practically all Green People products because they're organic and therefore chemical free.

Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Best wishes,
Elaine  ^daisy^

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Just had a look at website looks like nice stuff thankyou for that love shallot

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Hi there,

I had the very same worries as you early on and went mad cutting all sorts out of my regular facial repertoire!  ::)

Turns out according to my doctor the only creams etc to be worried about are prescription ones that have particularly high concentrations and/or more potent chemical compounds in them.  I think that most off-the-shelf facial products contain low amounts of 'soft' compounds and are used in such small quantities that it's unlikely to pose a problem.  Mind, in pregnancy you might find your skin looks so gorgeous anyway you won't feel the need to use any 'strong' creams at all.  :)

Your baby will be just fine I"m sure, but if you're still worried why not take the list of ingredients in to your doctor and have them check it out for you.  I tried asking the manufacturer of my face cream and eye cream if they were safe but beyond giving me a list of ingredients they would not commit to saying they're safe for use during pregnancy, simply because the products are never specifically tetsted on pregnant women.  

I'm more fussy over what body lotion I use, simply because I get through such a lot of it.

Also a word of caution on using organic products... that may often be well and good but I'd still always check the labels... it's nigh on impossible to find any such products that are entirely chemical free, and just becasue something is labelled as 'natural' or 'organic' does not necessarily mean it is safe to use during pregnancy... look at the things you hear about certain essential oils etc... all natural but some are positively dangerous during pregnancy.  Also, on things like Liz Earle (which I'm sure are very good products) they only openly promote the 'all natural' ingredients they use and finally, after lots of attempts to find out the complete list of ingredients, I was finally sent the leaflet that comes in teh box, and was not entirely surprised to find many of their products contained just as many let's say 'otherwise unadvertised chemicals' as most other high end products.

Anyway, sorry to be waffling on so much here.  ^idiot^ ;D

I think just be aware of what you're using, be sensible and exercise an air of caution if ever you're not sure, but I don't think there's a need to drive yourself nuts with it, or to invest in a whole new product line.

Congrats on getting to 14 weeks and good luck with everything.  ^reiki^ ^hugme^
Trip x

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that info I'll just have to check labels more carefully i think just to be cautious better safe than sorry good luck with your little one.
thanks again xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.