Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

How long until you went back to work after myo?

• Less than 4 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - 5 weeks

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 6 - 7 weeks

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • More than 8 weeks

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

Just thought I'd try and use this poll malarky!  ;D Just wondering how long it took everyone before they were back at work after their ops?  I know we've had various types of surgery from keyhole, laparospic to full abdominal myo.

Am interested to hear others experiences

Thanks chicks

Minni x

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I was off for just over 2 weeks but I had a laparoscopy.  :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi hun

6 weeks for me after a abdominal myo.  Felt fine after 2 weeks but don't think I should have gone back to work, enjoyed the time off!!!

Good luck hun x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Have answered your poll Minni - I was off 7 weeks - but that was more to do with the fact that I couldn't go back to work until I had my post op cons check up.
I maybe could have gone back a bit earlier - but going back to my sitty down admin job ft was really trashing for the first couple of weeks.
PS I had the myomectomy - if this helps.
Luv n hugs to all.
Sheila

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i think i was off for about 8 weeks in total, i had an open myo.

Love Lisa xxx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Oh Lisa, pretty ....but on ya foot pet?! - ouch indeed.

Sheila with a much less ouchy tattoo!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey Minni,

I was off 5 1/2 weeks after an open myo.

All the best
Looby
xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Minni,

I have been off for 7 weeks so far.  I'm heading on holiday on 10th June and my Cons doesn't want me to go back to work until after my trip - it will end up being almost 12 weeks  ^eyes^ This is mainly due to the nerve in my groin being nicked - he thinks I'd be better staying of work until I can wear knickers  ^roflmao^

Paula x/o

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,
I was off for 9 weeks - felt much better after 6-7 weeks but was going through a divorce :-X at the time and also a house move.....not easy!!!! :eek: Wanting to lug boxes but not allowed to!
I used to drive for an hour to get to work and to be honest I think I would have been off longer if I'd had to drive all that time there and back, or I'd have been asleep under my desk!!
Love
Karen
xx
p.s I had Open Myo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts