Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.. just joined the site.. sat ere after havin a re do reversal ( full one on both sides ) on saturday, not like the doctor in blackburn who gave me just the one side with plenty of nice scarring as well some 8 years ago... im 39 and really chuffed i went to the headland clinic... not just the professional manner which dr thakur worked to but the fact that he went the extra bit whilst working on me and i cannot thank him enough and i would strongly recommend him to anyone who wants to go thru this procedure.. iv spent the last 8 years in a state of denial and pain due to the fact i was told i cannot get my girlfriend pregnant and never thought of havin a re do oppo, but it is the most important thing that has happened to me as when the oppo was performed i had grade one sperm on one side and motile sperm in the other... im keeping my head on the level at the moment as we have already had a failed icsi cycle and i had a successful ssr oppo which have been frozen at manchester care.. im hopin this oppo is a success and dont see y not.. am on the main vitamins ie l-carnitine l-arginine q 10 and takin the wellman tablets as well so will be hoping for a good sample in ten to twelve weeks.. what i can say is that no matter what it was worth the £3100 for dr thakur and his team to goto work on me.. keeping my fingers crossed.. regards greg

·
Registered
398 Posts
HI GreG,

thats great news. hope you and your dw get a bfp real soon.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting that great info, we are currently waiting for dp's VR and its great to hear it went so well for you.

Wishing you luck, I hope you get a BFP very soon!  ^reiki^

Laura
xxx

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Greg, no he hasn't had it done yet, he's got his first consultation at Taunton Nuffield on 21st May, hoping it won't be too long after that for the op ^fingerscrossed^

So how have you been since the op?  Have you fully recovered yet and did you need time off work?  We need to plan the timing right as he is self employed and always so busy.

Laura
xxx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi laura.. took 2 weeks off work and gone back this week on light duties.. had both sides done and am now getting better every day.. if u want the graphics tell ya fella that he should have full rest including lying on the couch watching nothing but dvd's and daytime tv- and after the 1st week i started to feel a bit better but by the end of the 2nd week the bruisin and swellin started to go.. now im walkin better and feelin alot more confident about are chances.. we've even bought a microscope to check the soldiers quality and will check them on saturday which will be 3 weeks which the doc said was ok.. tell ya fella not to be scared about it.. it aint nice, but he will definately feel better about himself when its done.. i no i do.. regards greg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks Greg the more info we have before the op the better.  I think I'm going to struggle with making him rest for so long, he can't sit still for more than 5 minutes, but then I guess he's going to feel pretty rough for a while!  It must be a great feeling though to have taken that step, we really can't wait to have it done. 

Will defo be getting one of those microscopes, don't want to sound daft but is it a special kind of microscope you need?

Let us know how you get on saturday!

^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^HappySperm^  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we got one with a scope of 1200 magnification.. this is enough to watch the soldiers marching on- well lets hope so.. and im the same as ya fella.. its been an absolute pain in the **** to lie down and watch dvds constantly oh and the fantastic jeremy kyle as well... have you got ya fella on any vit supplements? ive been on them a while now and they seem to be working.. when they tested me on one side i had grade one sperm and the other wasnt that bad either.. and this is definately down to the vit supplements..

·
Registered
460 Posts
DP is taking multi vits for men, which supplements are you taking?  Great news that they are helping!

DVDs and Jeremy Kyle is my idea of heaven!! lol  Its a shame I can't take his place.  So did you get the microscope out this weekend?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi there.. weve left the microscope until the back end of this week.. due to the samples stil containing allsorts of nasty stuff.. had tried tonight but the bulb went in the bloody thing lol.. gona leave it a week or so to clear the tubes of anything that should not be there.. will take time for the sperm to come thru tho as it is over 3 weeks since any sexual activity.. just got to be patient.. which is a task in itself..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well good luck with that  :)  When do you go back to the clinic for a follow up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.