Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\ is it true that the nhs no longer do reversal of sterilization?,ive checked out private clinics and it costs about 2000 pound!.can you tell me if this is right?. THANKS!. xxdianexx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Diane

We had a vasectomy reversal done on the NHS just over 3years now (unsuccessful).  So went straight to ICSI privately, as they wont give you NHS tx for a vasectomy or sterilization, as they see this as your choice not to have anymore children, which is understanable really.

I m sure I have seen it cheaper than £2000 for this, have a look around different clinics also the NHS charges may be cheaper.

Good Luck
SUZ
XXXXX

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also found that I could not get a reversal of sterilisation (female) on the NHS and paid just under £2000- however, the op was unsuccesful as they had used cauterisation not clips- according to my consultant it was unlikely to be succesful and he did recommend IVF as a  first choice- but I just wanted to be sure. Your message doesnt make it clear if male or female so this may be no use to you at all!!!! Wishing you lots of luck in whatever you chose to do,

Puss
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts