Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are putting the last touches to our changing area, and as someone who avoided all baby related stuff during infertility and TX, I realise I know no rhymes to use at changing time (does "this little piggy" count?)

So I am wondering, those of you with experience, what rhymes are out there that you use at changing/bath time to amuse your babies? And what actions go witht he rhymes? The kind of thing I am imagining is rhymes where you tickle the little one, etc. Know what I mean??

I want to make a poster to put over the changing table with some in English and some in Swedish for me and DH to learn from.

Thanks, and very grateful for any contributions!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
we do:

Round and round the garden
like a teddy bear
one step, two step
tickly under there

we use one finger to draw a circle on megan's tummy and then tickle her under her chin!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ooo so many lovely rhymes, where to start?! (And BTW, yes of course, 'This little piggy' counts! ^pig^) :)

Pat-a-cake
Incy Wincy Spider
Row-Row-Row your Boat

For bath time, I used the tune for 'The farmer's in the den' and changed the words to:
Lola's in the bath, Lola's in the bath, splish, splash, splishety-splash, Lola's in the bath
We sang this every time she was lowered in and throughout bath time so that she would know what to expect.

There's more (some of which I've never heard of!!) on these sites, with explanations of the actions too
http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/busy.html
http://www.bigeyedowl.co.uk/show_songs.php?t=3

Have fun! :)

/links

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sugar, moomin5, thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
If you can catch Nick Jnr around 6.50-7pm they have a good song.

My DH & DS know all the words but I can't think of it right now.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I make my own up a lot  ;D just latch onto a tune (even a pop song) and add words to it!

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
I used to sing "If you're happy and you know it" a lot when changing B. Substituted nod your head for pat your tum and stamp your feet for wipe your bum if I recall.
Also Heads shoulders knees and toes. That and most of the one mentioned above. Never gave any of it a thought before he arrived but they all just seem to just flow out of you organically once the little one is here.

C~x

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Caz said:
they all just seem to just flow out of you organically once the little one is here.
I hope so! I haven't got a clue about a lot of things right now :)

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
One of the ones I do that is a real song is the heads and shoulders knees and toes - she can tell whats coming next.

My nephew couldnt stop laughing when he heard me singing from the bedroom..."we're going to change a bum, we're going to change a bum, we're going to change a bum, we're going to change a bum...."

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
i sing a song about his toes to the tune of 10 little indians

1 little, 2 little 3 little tootsies
4, little, 5 little, 6 little tootsies
7 little, 8 little, 9 little tootsies
10 little tootsies toes.

matts laughs at this and tends to hold up both feet for me to do it on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts