Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently had an IVF cycle that didnt work. I have just been infomred I have ringworm from my doctor, I thought it was dry excsma so didnt worry too much about at the time, thought it was due to stress from the drugs etc. Would this have caused my eggs not to implant as I was ok up until the day before the blood test when I had terrible cramps and passed blood clots. Just wondered if this may have been the cause.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
HI Janadder,

Sorry to hear about your bfn. I'm positive that ringworm wouldn't have affected your chance of success at ivf. Its not a worm infestation as many people think but a fungal infection of the skin, which can look like eczma - you catch it from animals, soil ( from gardening say), other people, but most people with ringworm have no idea where they got it from. Its easy to treat, ususally with a cream, and the treatment shouldn't affect fertility either.

I hope this clears your mind,

Suzy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.