Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Has Royal Jelly helped anyone to ovulate?

• Yes (please advise how long you were taking them)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My Mum has bought me some Royal Jelly supplements to start taking as she has read an article which says how good they are for women trying to become pregnant.

Has anyone else heard anything about these?

Jeniwren

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi Jenniwren,

In general I'm in favour of multi vits and supplements but you do need to be careful that they won't have an adverse effect. The attached is an interesting article but does advise against pregnant women taking it:
http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/roy_0229.shtml
This may of course just be the usual drug co paranoia, also not sure on the impact of ttc though.

To be safe I'd check with your clinic / doctor before taking them.

Best of luck.

Edna

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have pcos and am having no luck with Clomid or Metformin. My next step is self funded IVF.

So i am trying to go down the natural remedy/treatment route.

Thanks

xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I didn't take Royal Jelly alone but I did eat a spoonful of something called Apimist every day. It contains Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen & Bee Propolis and comes in a honey form...each "ingredient" is supposed to help with fertility. I took this before our fresh ivf last year and out of 21 follicles we got 10 good eggs, 7 fertilised and 6 went on to be grade 1, 4 cell on day 2. Not sure if the Apimist contributed in any way but I've just bought myself another jar because we start 2nd fresh ivf in few weeks....

You can purchase it at http://www.apitherapy.biz/home.html

(I ovulate naturally so was taking it more to improve quality of eggs rather than to make me ovulate so slightly different from you're asking about).

Good luck
Natasha

/links

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!
I have endo and been ttc for 4yrs. On 8th month of clomid with no success, a girl at work had endo and get pregnant after 4yrs- she swears by the royal jelly she took. So being I've tried most other things, thought i'd give it a go. Anyone got any ideas what dose to take?

Thanks x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

How much you take would depend on the strength as there is no RDA so you'd just need to take however much is recommended on the particular brand/jar you buy.

When we had our last IVF I wanted to try to do everything to ensure good quality eggs...I didn't take Royal Jelly on its own but I had a teaspoon of something called Apimist every morning. Its like a honey but contains Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen & Bee Propolis, all of which are thought to be beneficial to fertility.

I had 21 follies and out of those we got 10 good healthy eggs, 7 fertilised and 6 became Grade 1, 4 cell embies on day 2...so not too bad !!! ^reiki^

We're starting fresh IVF again soon (downregging cd21 & I'm cd3 now)....so I've bought another jar of Apimist and started taking it again this morning...

You can buy it online at http://www.apitherapy.com/

Good luck
Natasha

/links

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yes, I would be grateful for any advice on improving implantation!

Jules

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

I didn't bother during both FETs...I took it to improve quality of eggs, not to aid implantation....I'm not really sure how much it would actually aid implantation but spose it wouldnt hurt.

Good luck ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Thanks Natasha and good luck for your tx this month!

Jules

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Ms Minerva said:
Thanks Natasha and good luck for your tx this month!

Jules
Cheers hun...good luck to you too ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before but I tried the search and got so many hits mentioning these supplements so I gave up reading them all.

On top of my Fertility Plus multivit I am taking wheatgrass, Royal Jelly and Co-Q10 tablets. Is it ok to take these when stimming? One would think it is not good to mix wheatgrass with drugs but I've also read that it is a good source of protein which we need bucketloads during the tx.

Any opinions?

Thanks
minttuw

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Hi there

I'm not sure about the royal jelly and co-Q10 but I took wheatgrass to try to lower my FSH and my clinic said I should stop taking it and any other herbs before starting stims. 

Good luck
Jane xx

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks Jane for your comment.

I first stopped them all but then I decided to carry on with R.Jelly and Co-Q10. I am not taking any wheatgrass at the moment, though.

Just did my trigger injection, EC Thu morning!!!  ^reiki^

minttuw

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Good luck for Thursday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you very much Jane! I'm hoping for a decent crop...  :)

All the best for the last 85 days of your pregnancy! Take care and good luck!  ^fairydust^

minttuw
xx

·
Registered
876 Posts
can't answer on all but I udnerstadn that you shouldn't take milk thistle with the drugs because basically milk thistle works to detox you so you might make the drugs less effective by flushing them out (hoep makes sense?) - but I'm no expert. Natasha on Complementary Board is fab on this stuff...
Fluffy x

1 - 20 of 885 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.