Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth....

Dont know if u remember me asking you help last week over me being on synarel, and getting a cyst, then i was bleeding for a week .

well after 3 weeks of now sniffing i was re scanned today, to be told the cyst has shrunk to half the size it was from last week, also that last weeks eastrogen blood levels was fine. But 1 problem, now showing up on the scan it seems i'm growing tiny follies on each side,...i had another estrogen blood test done today, they will let me know on  friday what im to do next, but in the meantime to just keep sniffing.

Ruth why do you think this is happening? three years ago i was on synarel before for ovulation induction, and i responded fine then and d/r normally.
i'm 26 years old.

these estrogen levels that she will be looking at friday, what i had done today.......what is it she will be looking for to see?? because i understand she will choose what will be the next step after veiwing these results.

sorry if these are stupid questions
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Tiny follicles shouldn't affect you starting stims as the oestrogen level shouldn't be raised if they are small. If any thing, they can be a good sign as they are the start of the follicles which will grow ready for collection. Level of oesrogen needs to be low, usually below 150 units (can't remember at this time in morning which unit measure, pmol or nmol!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Cycles and your response to druhs can vary for no rhyme or reason, just to frustrate you I think!!!

Ruth

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dear Ruth

RE: ED IVF

Do you still have to be down regged if you aren't having periods.  I started early menopause in my thirties but was still having fairly normal periods until quite recently.  I went for 8 months without a period and then in Jan and Feb 2005 had 3 light periods about 21 days apart.  I now haven't had one since 19 Feb 2005.  My womb lining measured 2.5 mm in December 2004.  It would be nice not to have to take those particular drugs if I didn't have to.  I'm not taking HRT and don't have menopausal symtoms.

Obviously if I have to take them then I will, but I just wondered.

Thank you
Chrissie :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.