Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My DH has had testicular cancer, one testicle removed and a blast of chemotherapy. this was 3 years ago. He had some frozen as a back up. We've just started ICSI and I am currently on FSH.

We were initially refered as DH has low sperm count- less then 1 million. He was asked to produce another SA yesterday and we were told today that only 3 sperm were found! They now want the frozen as a backup, but were told today that that sperm was low too and that during the thaw more could be lost.

How can such a drop be possible? Anyone else in the same situation? any success stories? any hope? please help, am new here and am trying to keep a level head but it won't stop spinning.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
My partner had only 3 sperm found on his  first sa but on another sample they found a few hundred thousand same lab a month later, and up to a million. We need icsi and I got pregnant on my first cycle, we froze them as well so I'd advise a repeat sample before using your precious frozen ones. Everything he deposited some in the lab we froze them and they did a freeze thaw test on them about half would die in the defrost x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Annairb
My hubby had SA - and we were told it was low, so the SA was repeated just to be sure, and again we were told it was 'low' - it wasn't until we had waited for a referral for IUI that we actually learned the truth directly from the consultant - hubbys second SA was ZERO!  Devastated wasnt the word, especially when the nurse handed us a leaflet on living with being 'childless'.
We read here on FF about NOA (non obstructive azoospermia) and a number of couples had had success with Wellman vitamins.... our clinic even told us that they weren't going to bother putting hubby through TESE and we were put on the waiting list for donor sperm. 
In the 6 months it took us to get to the top of the donor list hubby took his Wellmans - by the time we got to EC, hubby had a million beautiful swimmers yay and there was no need to use our backup.
I only got 4 eggs at EC, and only 1 fertilized and I'm over the moon to be busy organising our little Princesses first birthday - yes miracles do happen but I'm only toooo delighted to provide a ray of hope.
Wishing you and your hubby alll the very best
Sheila   

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.