Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've posted a few times on this board, so thought I would do an update...

Hubs had an original SA done approx 4/5 weeks ago. The results were disappointing: count 7 million per ml, abnormal forms 86%.

We did another on Friday and received the results this morning: count 26 million per ml, abnormal forms 65%. Motility was ok too.

Dr said that 'this isn't the best SA I've ever seen, but its within the normal boundaries'. We are really thrilled. DH was diagnosed with a varicocele 2 weeks ago, so we will get that treated too - possibly with an operation.

We have cut down on our alcohol drastically for the last two months, and have been taking multivits and 1000mg Vit c. Since the first bad SA, we have also added Marilyn Glenville Fertility Plus, Linseed Oil 1000mg and specially prescribed Chinese Herbs.

We weren't expecting much to be honest, and are really happy that there is an improvement. Combined with my PCOS we were feeling like we had a mountain to climb - still could, but we have more hope.

Obviously this could all be a fluke, so we will do another test in a month or so, but its encouraging news.

Has anyone else's DH/DP experience such changes between SA? Would be interested to hear your experiences.

Sending luck and positive thoughts to everyone,
Kate x

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Lipgloss,

My dh's s/c varied from extremes on each analysis.  In fact it it its lowest point when we were doing IVF and had to be converted to ICSI.

As you can can .... we were sucessful and there may still be  a chance you can concieve naturally although we couldn't.

Good luck

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Lipgloss,

Just thought I would let you know our story. I had loads of iui treatments, none of them worked, however between go 8 and 9 we started on the mg vits and vit c and flaxseed oil. I also got dp to take Q10, extra zinc, saw palmetto which is for a healthy prostate, as a chinese dr we saw said he had a slightly enlarged prostate, and ginseng. He took all these for only about 2 months between treatments, and when we saw the lady that preps the sa she said I can't believe the difference, I thought you had another man, What have you been doing! I can't remember the figures, but it was at least double the previous sample, in such a short space of time too. It didn't work though.

Then we found out dp had a varicocele, after a 6 month wait he had this operated on, a week later I got pregnant. Unfortunately we lost the baby at 13 weeks,but I do think all the above helped us to concieve. We were both taking australian bush flower remedies too, me she oak, and him flannell flower, I am sure these really help with your emotions.

So congratulations on such a huge improvement so quickly, no wonder you are thrilled! Just a thought, is agnus castus supposedto help with pcos?

Good luck to you,

Love Allison xx

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again,

Thanks to both of you for replying to my post, much appreciated.

Allison, I am so sorry about your miscarriage - words aren't enough in this situation. It sounds like you really know your stuff though, and I really hope you do get the postive  ^reiki^ you deserve again soon.

I have PCOS but haven't tried Agnus Cactus, simply because I am on Chinese Herbs of a different kind already and don't think they would mix well. The blend I have been prescribed may well contain a small dose of Agnus Cactus but I'm not too sure. I have read a lot about it though, and it does seem to have benefits for PCOS sufferers. I really believe in taking the natural approach where possible!

We are going to do another SA in 2 months, just hoping it goes well again. I am glad we saw an improvement - I feel that DH is more motivated to carry on now, and actually feels its 'worth it'.

Can't believe some people have been told that 'there is nothing you can do about low sperm counts' - there is so much evidence to the contrary. I would advise anyone to at least try supplementing, don't think it can do much harm?!

Well, thanks once again girls,

Good luck and  ^reiki^ thoughts
Kate x

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi every one
we had poor motility and normal morphology(2%)and withimpresion  of varicoselin last years.but post surgery we have had this problem yet.we had one failed iui and one year later I have icsi,(for 2 months my hausband use vit c and E without any improvment).
please give me any suggestion to pregnancy.
thanks hengameh

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi to you all - great to hear some good news and some positive feedback. We are just starting down the road to sperm improvement, DH is taking loads of vits etc after doing his own research and we're seeing Zita West this month so I'm hoping we too will have a big improvement.

Some of you mention variococele - what is this and how is it diagnosed (my DH has varicose veins on this legs and I wondered if this was the same kind of thing?)

thanks

Rosy     

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Rosy,

Yes, my dp had a varicocele, it is a varicous vien in the scrotum. I think it heats up the sperm, so i supose it makes them sluggish or maybe not formed correctly? Sorry, not really sure about that bit.

I read about them on here, and my dp has a big v vien at the top of his leg, so i just thought it would be worth getting checked out. I asked my consultant at the time if she could refer him, she was really snotty about it, and said I don't suppose it will do any good, lovely attitude, surely he is half the equation? Anyway, after a 6 month wait for a referal his consultant took one look at him and said yes, you have got one,3 months later it was operated on, one week later i got pregnant. Unfortunately we had a m/c,but after trying to conceive for years, lots of iui's and then that.... It must have had an effect.

I think they are more often than not on the left hand side, dp's  v vein in his leg is on the left, so maybe that is an indication of things linking up....Maybe ask your gp for a referral to an urologist, it is worth checking out. If you type in Varicocele into google, you will get more info than you can read!

Good luck with seeing Zita West, let us know how you get on,

Love Allison xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts