Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i no this may sound daft but i've just starting my d/r injections today and was wondering if its still safe to have ^BMS^ during tx? if not when is it i should stop?

thanks
Louise xxx

Premium Member
Hi

We had sex whilst downregging.....we only stopped when I started getting uncomfortable during stimms....but then I produce lots of follies so was very bloated and tender.....and then 3 tx cycles, our consultants (1 was private, the other NHS...both same hospital), advised against having sex towards the end anyway because I had so many follies that I could be at risk of possibly ovulating early from some and having sperm there etc etc......but I didn't feel like it anyway !!

However, saying that, some clinics will advise that you should not have unprotected sex from the start of treatment.

Good luck & take care
Natasha

Registered
Hello

The hospital where I am doesn't say you can't have聽 ^BMS^ but it should be protected and they advise this from day 21 appointment.聽 but like Minxy not feelin gmuch like it during stimms.

xxx

Registered
Hi

Some clinics don't like you to ^BMS^ at all and say use precaution but others seem to say you can.

We carried on whilst down regging but like the others I found it too painful during stims so we didn't.

All the best

x x x

Registered
Hi Loise,

DH and i had sex all the way though tx and we had sex day before et, then 2 days after et and ever since. Its done me no harm and my Dr said that if it don't feel uncomfortabe then its OK. The only thing I was worned about is the risk of infection after the EC but as DH and i have always been faithfull to eachother i felt safe. Just make sure he don't "bang" you too hard聽 ;) (sorry for being graphic)
As you can see from my signature below I fel pregnant from our 1st full IVF cycle and all is fine with our little bubs (17w pregnant now).

It really is down to what you feel comfortable with. But i have also read that sex increases bloodflow to the abdomen so is good in pregnancy.

Good luck with your tx.
A+A. xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi everyone thanks for all ur replies was very helpfull, we have decided to carry on having sex as long as i feel comfortable. The only worry we have is that our consultant said there is still a chance we could concieve naturally so dont want to mess things up.

A+A congratulations on ur pregnancy hope all is ok

Love Louise xxx

Registered
Hi Louise,

We were told to have 'protected' sex during the cycle in which D/R was to start, as if you do get pregnant during the cycle in which D/R starts there is a higher chance of miscarrying (due to your hormones being down regulated). So, I think as this would be even a bigger dissapointment I would suggest using protection. As for during stimming we weren`t told we had to use protection but we didn`t manage to have sex anyway as the other ladies have said it was too uncomfortable to.

Good luck with your tx!

Roses xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts