Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm. i have been taking MG Vits for the past few months, before that i was on sanatogen (pink pre conception ones). I started taking snatogen again after the others ran out whilst waiting for my new delivery, just wondered why marilyn glenviles have a lower amount of folic acid in than sanatogen (which has nearly twice as much) i thought this was soooo very important..

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hi Sicknote,

Not sure why they would be different, I always thought the RDA was 400 micrograms??

How much is in them?

Debs
xx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I always buy the Sanatogen ones - they have 700mg Folic Acid in them.  I really buy them as they're recommended by the Royal College of Midwives, plus the Vegetarian Society.

400mg is the recommended dose daily, so I'm guessing thats why the MG ones have a lesser content.

Marie xx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sanatogen has 700mg and MG only 400 (which they say is 200% of recommended daily dose.)
Just wondered why the more expensive ones have less f acid as thats supposed to be really important. I take the mg ones as they contain more Vit E (3000%) B3, B4 AND B5 AND SELENIUM ETC WHICH HER BOOK SAYS IS NEEDED FOR GOOD QUALITY EGGS ETC.
Just wondered why the difference in f acid?
I started taking the mg ones as we were preparing for egg colection and my diets not particularly great so i thought it'd give me a bost, i had 12 grade 1 and 2 eggs and we had 90% fertilisation for our ivf so i suppose them must have done somethging.
I know what you mean about the sanatogen ones though, i have heard that they're recommeneded and i have been taking them recently.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I keep trying to find out what the MG are any different to the Santogen (or similar) ones but never have really got any answers, but more people on here seem to go for the MG ones which seem to be more expensive but a vit like the Santogen ones have all you need apparently.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
hi girls  :)

its a debate that I guess will run and run.

I take Pregnacare (is Sanotogen any better?) and dh has MG fertility plus. 

I guess the reason for having the MG ones is just to feel as though we are doing anything to help. I have read so many times, there is a good one on the ask a nurse thread, where men have had vast improvements once taking them.   Really I should be taking them if anything since its me that is having the trouble (endo and low ovulation) but dh wanted to do anything to help too.  They are expensive and how long we will continue to get them I don't know.

Tesco do a wellman one I believe?  And you can add in Vit C and flaxseed I have heard?

xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Guess the debate will run and run.  Suppose if you are taking the correct vits and mins into your body then it doesn't matter which one you take really, whatever makes us happy and healthy and everyone has their own view on what is best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.