Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - I'm tentatively putting my toe in the water here to see if anyone else out there is hoping to get that extra special  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for Christmas!!

Fee xxxxxxxxx

PS - called this thread Santa ' s babies. BUT IT CHANGED TO SOMETHING RATHER NAUGHTY

^shake^bopttom smack to the naughty softwear Tony!!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hiya Fee

I am hoping that it will be a very special christmas but not sure if i will be starting this side of christmas.  I am waiting to hear if my clinic can fit me in.  ???  Fingers crossed.  I had a BFN in June and i have been waiting to start again since.  When do you start cycling?

Clare
xx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Fee,

Great to see you starting a wonderful positive thread for Max's homecoming!  ;D

Wishing you heaps of winterwonderland love and luck

Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

PS - Hope the "Old man with white beard in kinky outfit with black leather boots" brings you everything you wish for!

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Fee
Hope the "Old man with white beard in kinky outfit with black leather boots" brings you the best crimbo pressie ever !!!!!!!

Good Luck, can't wait to know that Max is safe where he belongs  :) :) :)

Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello ;D

Can I join you?  I am due to start sniffing on 25/10, baseline on 16/11 and hopefully ec w/c 29/11.  This is our first attempt at IVF, so we are feeling our way through the maze at the moment but getting lots of useful information on the way.  Is it normal to be sniffing for 3 weeks, as I thought it was only for 2?

Thanks & looking forward to hearing how you all get on with the treatment.

^pompom^
Cassie

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Fee, Claire and Cassie,
Can I join you on the sleazy Santa thread?

We are hoping to start our very first ICSI in November. Just waiting for our palnning appointment and to see if it will be possible to fit it in before Christmas...here's hoping.

MeganX  :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Fee, Clare, Cassie, and Megan  ^hello^
Can I join you? I'm due to start sniffing for ICSI#2 early November, and if all goes to plan EC/ET early December  :)  Had BFP in July, but it didn't last  :(  - feel privileged to have been pg, just hope it's for 9 months next time!!
Fee  ~  so wishing you the best with Max's homecoming  ^fairydust^  (I've also got one frostie waiting)  Hope you don't mind, I liked your ticker so much I've gone and got myself one too!
Cassie and Megan  ~  looking forward to cycling with you, hope we can help each other thru to ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Clare  ~  here's hoping we can be lucky second time around  ^afro^
Anyway, I'm sure the days will zoom by  ::)

Jen x  :-*

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Everyone
Welcome Jen, good look this time, I am sure that we are all going to be lucky next month. I am due to start my third ICSI, starting injections 23rd Oct, EC 22nd Nov.

It will be good to chat as you know the 2ww is a nightmare, do you all take a couple of weeks off work like me, as my consultant this time told me to just get on with things as normal, well there is no way that I could go to work, re: stress etc.. It would be good to hear what other people do, as I think about it all the time.  ???

Love to hear from you and I feel that this Santa's Babies thread it going to be very lucky.

Pebble

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi pebble  ^hello^
I did take 2w off last time (which turned into a 4ww...)
The amazing stress  ^scared^ of the 2ww really shocked me - I was expecting the worst from sniffing and stabbing, but that was all fine (apart from the unusual feelings as the stimming started working  :eek:). Last time my plan was not to do anything I might look back on and regret, so basically I spent the 2ww between sofa and bed  ::) watching dvds, reading books... I guess the inactivity was also due to feeling v swollen abdominally  :-\ ...
I was wondering this time whether to try and be a bit more 'normal' ^confused^ - at least after the first 3/4 days - I have this vision of being distracted from the 2ww by fascinating work ... no, maybe not!!! so I've booked 2w off work anyway  ;)  I expect when the time comes the momentousness of it all will hit me and I'll be just as worried about even just going to the loo etc as I was before  ::)
If anyone has the solution to the 2ww  ^idea^ please let us know!
I'm really glad we'll be going thru it all together  :-*
Jen x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi fellow wonderlanders!

Whey hey!!! We have a list

Cassie Cat  IVF dr 25/10  bls 16/11 (IVF Virgin ^reiki^)
Clare25  ICSI  waiting to hear from clinic
Fee    FET with 1 blast embie, Max - regulating cycle with clinic
Little Jen  ICSI  dr early Nov ^angel^ mummy :'(
Megan  ICSI dr after appointment. (ICSI virgin ^reiki^)
Pebble  ICSI dr 23/10 EC22/11

Heaps of babydust and Christmas sparkle to us all
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi girls
It's really good to have company on this rollercoaster. It's always so scary when you get the start dates etc!

Dee and Jo = awww thanks crewmates for popping in to wish us luck xxx

Clare - Sorry about your BFN in June. It's hell isn't it. Just hope that winter babies are for you and you get the BFP this time round x

Cassie - Wow - you start really soon. I'll be away when you start the dr but hope all goes well. Hope you're getting really excited already. Have you got your drugs yet?  It is worth shopping around, especially for the stimming drugs, if you can - we rang about 10 or 12 pharmacies and got a much better price than we expected - £120 cheaper than our local Boots, so it is worth doing.  I sniffed for 7 days before AF was due, then for 10 days up until the night before EC. Every body - literally their body - is different. Clinic will let you know when to stop.

Megan - Hope you do get to fit in your ICSI as planned before Christmas. Which clinic are you at?

Jen - Glad you like the ticker - I'm a big fan of them. Looks like you are on holibubs same time as me. Anywhere nice? We're off to Costa del Sol where my Dad has a flat, but it's raining there at the moment :(  So sorry about your angel hun. won't keep it on the list all the time, but wanted to mark the start of this journey for you by letting you know your wee angel is watching you and bringing you heaps of babydust

Pebble - You'll be on your way in less than 2 weeks!! AHHHHH heaps of positive vibes for you.  I've never taken time of in the 2ww. I think this is because when I concieved my dd (hope you all don't mind my mentioning my dd) I didn't know I was pg, and just carried on as normal, so I think my feeling is do what you normally do. However, after 2 failed attempts, I may take the day or so after ET just to make sure I keep my feet up.

Love to all

Fee xxxxxxx

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi Everyone,
It's so great to have a place to call our own!!
^spin^
Thanks Fee for the rundown list. I am sure that Cassie and I as virgins are going to need your help and we will be there for you whenever you need us ;)

Cassie,Pebble and Little Jen, looks like you are the first out of the traps. Hope the DRing goes well.  ;D

Clare : looks like we are in the same boat. Lets hope we get going soon.^goodluck^

Fee: I am so glad that you have decided to climb back on this crazy ride with us. Here's to a safe ride for Max. ^spin^

We are at Bristol CRM. Finally got the consent to treatment form through today and 30 minutes later it was in the post! Hope we get our planning appointment soon and can start downregging in November. :)

Loads of luck to all, so glad you are out there.
Love MeganXX

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the list Fee  ^clapping^ and thanks for  ^angel^ too
I start DRing 30 Oct - that's the last day of our hol, so at least DH should be saved from ^furios^ while we're away! We're off to South Africa, on safari  ^monkey^ and then Cape Town - all new experiences. Costa del Sol sounds lovely - hope the ^sunny^ reappears for you and we're all well refreshed ^holiday^!
Megan ~ hope you have a date for your appt soon - I know what it's like waiting to start tx!
Love to Pebble and Cassie and Clare  :-* ~ look forward to hearing how you're doing

Jen x

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
hello everyone!

WOW - i am loving the list Fee, is feels more real!! I hope to find out this week if i will start before christmas - hopefully i will be and i can join in with you all.

MEGAN - when will you find out when your tx will start? Fingers crossed. ^reiki^ I am trying not to get too excited about starting as i am sure they will say they cant fit me in.

LITTLE JEN - happy holidays, ^holiday^ sounds fab. Make sure you enjoy yourselves and dont get stressed about tx!

FEE - Hope you have a great holiday as well - ^holiday^ hope the weather is an improvement on what we have here!! Personally I absolutley dont mind you mentioning your dd - she is beautiful!

PEBBLE - On my 1st tx i took the whole 2ww off work which i was glad of as i had 21 eggs so quite a lot of prodding around meant i needed 4/5 days to be back to normal - so i am going to do the same this time. It is hard to know what is best to do but i think you just have to go with what you feel is right for you.

CASSIE CAT - good luck for your tx - so close now, this site is great for 1st,2nd ,3rd..... timers as there is so much info here from so many people i am sure it will help you through your tx - it did me. ;)

Luck and love to all!! :)

Clare ^fairydust^

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hello
It is great to have the list, now we know who is going to be going through it at the same time. Only 12 days to go before my first injection  :- :- :-. Not sure how I feel really.

Cassie Cat we are both so close together, good luck for your injections.

Hi Jen, know what you mean about the 2ww,I ended up being off last time for 5 weeks, found it really hard to go back to work, me and DH just wanted to spend some time together. This time I am going to take it really easy for the first 5 days, then I am going to go out and about for the rest of the time, walks etc but still obviously take it easy. But like you say you really  don't know how you are going to feel. :'( Have a fantastic holiday and good luck for your injection.

Everyone take care and good luck for the next couple of weeks.

Pebble xx

Ps Must get some babydust going but now sure how to figure it out yet!!! :) :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Clare
Thanks for the advice I also had alot of eggs 22! and that is how I felt for the first week, very sore  :'(
Good luck this week and I hope you start before Christmas. ;D
Luck forward to talking to you.
Pebble x

·
Registered
107 Posts
^hello^ everyone,

So glad to have your support especially as I have no idea how I'm going to feel with all these drugs.  Fee, thanks for your advice on the drusg so far I have just bought 2 bottles of the down reg sniffer - I don't think the clinic will give me the prescription for the stimming drugs until my baseline appointment on 16/11 so if I have to start injecting that day it doesn't give me much time to shop around.  I guess they won't know what strength I will need until the blood test comes back?

As for working, I am planning to take a week off for the ec and et but that's about it - I only have another 2 days I can take before Xmas so if I feel rough I will just have to go sick for a couple of days.   ;D

Good luck everyone - I'm off on my hols as well, we are off to see my good friend in Boston MA on Saturday for a week, we get back on 23/10 and I start sniffing on the Monday (tempted to take my sniffer with me in case we get delayed or something - I don't want to miss my start date!). 

Chat to you all soon.

Cassie ^bye^

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great to see this thread starting to hum !

Cassie Cat - hope you will be going off sick - with morning sickness ;D ;D ;D!

Clare25 - Hope you hear from the clinic soon. 21 eggs last time WHEW! Did you keep frosties?

Little Jen -  WOW south africa sounds fab. Hope you bring back some pics to put in the gallery. My bil is from South Africa (many years ago) and they had a wonderful Christmas there a few years ago.

Megan  - How cool is that - your letter comes on the day I start the list. Great news. SueMJ was/is at Bristol too I think. Worked for her, so they obviously know what they're doing!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Pebble - get a ticker hun  ;) 11 days to go!  Heaps of babydust to you

love to all

Fee xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hey girls just popping in to let you know i will definatley be joining you!! ;D  I down reg on 15th Nov (this might change as i am on the pill they may change my cycle)  and then EC w/c 13th Dec!!!!  I am so excited i felt sure they would say they couldnt fit me in.....i am off to find myself a ticker now i have a date!!  wooopppeeeeee!

Hope everyone is ok - chat soon.

Clare xx

1 - 20 of 241 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.