Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I had my 7 week scan yesterday. We saw one lovely h/beat plus one sac which they are not sure if there is anything in. I have to go back in 2 weeks for them to check.

Has anyone else had this?
what happens if there is nothing in the sac? will it just go

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
oh i didn't want to just read and run but yes i think the body will just absorb it, i think its commonly referred to as vanishing twin syndrome when one doesn't quite make it to 12 weeks and it just disappears.  It won't affect the good one.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
It is very common hun  ^hugme^  If the second sac does not progress your body will simply absorb the sac... on the other hand you may find that the other sac is just a little behind and you may see two hb's next time.

Good luck

Bev xx

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hi there

I recently discovered that my pg with Marcus was 99% sure to have been vanishing twin.  It's much more common than we realise.

If your second sac does not progress then it most likely will be absorbed.  However there is a chance that you will have some bleeding and it might come away that way, which is what happened to me.

In either case there is no reason for it to cause and distress to the remaining bubs.  ^hugme^

Jane
xx

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had something similar to this - had a bleed in early pregnancy and they told me it was 1 sac with a fetal pole and one bloodclot - by my next scan the bloodclot had a heartbeat too !!

Andrea

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Its quite common  ^hugme^ and the other sac will just absorb into your body.

All the best

x x x x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello,
I spoke to the nurse about this today and she said exactly what the other ladies are saying. If the sac doesn't develop you body absorbs it. I had a similar experience today although after A LOT of moving around the nurse suddenly found heartbeat number 2 but I think she was about to give up.
Good luck!
Kitty
XXXX

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
my situation was similar to yours... at 6 weeks one h/b and a ? empty sac... 8 weeks 1 h/b and a def empty sac... the second sac was present until about 20 weeks on scan squashed in the corner and then it disappeared- vanishing twin..

no bleeding or anything...

fingers crossed for you....

tikki

1 - 8 of 8 Posts