Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have recently been discharged from hospital with OHSS after ICSI. While at hospital the other day they performed a scan on my tummy, ovaries to confirm OHSS. I was looking when the sonographer was performing it and i could see the area that was my womb with a little white dot on it. She seen me looking and said she wouldn't be able to tell me if i was preg or not as its to early to tell, i was 8days post collection and 6 days post transfer. I didn't ask her to tell me, but what i wanted to know is if an embryo at this stage is to young to been seen via an ultrasound, then why was i able to see those 2 wee tiny embryos been transfered in the week before. The consultant pointed them out to us during transfer and it was very clear what they were and also the area they were being put back in to, this was also done with  a tummy scan. I understand why she wouldn't want to say i was pregnant or not as she was being professional, but i am a little confused as to why we could see the embies the wk before and not then? i am just curious!
Thanks MISHA XX

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

I'm afraid I really don't know! We don't get trained in any ultrasound as midwives, so we don't get to know that much, especially in early stages. The only think that i can guess at is that the first machine was a much higher resolution, which would be needed for transfers,

Sorry I can't help,
Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for getting back to me. I managed to get a BFP so i am over the moon!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Excellent! Congratulations xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts