Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a complete music lover. Everything from opera to dance to heavy metal. DS1 is constantly listening to music on my iPhone or YouTube and I often have the music channels on the TV. I remember watching the X factor final and thinking that I was glad I didn't have girls who were seeing Rhianna and Christina cavorting around like a pair of tarts! I guess I underestimated the negative influence on my son! I have recently had to remove some songs from my iPhone due to the language as DS1 memorises them too well. He told me today that 'Ladies always get their boobs out when they sing on the tele'  :eek:. I guess I better stop putting the music channels on aswell otherwise he's going to have a very negative view of the female pop world. It's scary just how much they take in at such a young age and just how powerful the media can be  :-\

·
Registered
415 Posts
My daughters favourite song is sex on fire by kings of Leon. Unfortunately it wasn't until she started singing it that I realised what the words were! I've been trying to change the words to specs on fire with very little success!!

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
bagpuss1 said:
My daughters favourite song is sex on fire by kings of Leon.
That's a favourite here too and always gets turned up, but lyrics range from "your dinner's on fire" to "your head is on fire" to "your socks are on fire"!! I just know they're going to hear it in 10/15 years time and think OMG, I never those were the lyrics. ;D

Both ds2 and dd do a great rendition of Black Eyed Peas Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night, complete with the whooooo-hooooo's!!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Chux honey!!  Both mine absolutely love Tonight's gonna be a good night!  So much so I had to check the lyrics before I put it on a playlist for DS's birthday party - I wasn't sure whether it's not about something dodgy?! 
It's absolutely our song of 2010.

My friend's son is a massive fan of Kiss, Def Leppard and other heavy rock bands - he lives and breathes rock music.  This is all thanks to his father.  My friend told me he was in class at school last term, and the teacher said "so and so in our class is a bit sad today, does anyone know a good song to cheer him up?" at which point, my friend's DS stands up and gives a full rendition of a Def Leppard song - complete with air guitar and posing - can't remember the words, but luckily nothing too 'adult'  but enough for the teacher to call her in and mention it when she picked him up from school.......... she was mortified  ;D ;D ;D

So Han, yes you have to watch out! 
Sadly alot of my music listening has been a bit restricted - not just because I'm censoring lyrics but more because they don't want to give it airtime, and I have to listen to wheels on the bus or the Grand Old Duke of York instead.......  :mad:

C x

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mrs CW - that story is hilarious!

I'm afraid kids songs don't quite hit the spot for DS1  ;). His latest obsession is watching Willow Smith - Whip your hair, on YouTube. She dips her long hair in paint and decorates the room. He thinks it's amazing  ;D. We also have to watch Oliver Twist DVD over and over aswell  ::)My Eminem and Dr Dre CDs have certainly become for my ears only now!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
My dd 11yrs had I want to be a million air as her ring tone. Until one day it was ringing while she was out. I almost passed out. The song on tv/radio is not the song you can down load. It has the word fu**ing in almost every part of the song. I must say I hit the roof but she couldn't see my point she said I'm old and its not like she says it. It was removed from the phone in a shot. I now have to check what she is putting on there
. I didn't know itunes had versions of songs like that orr was I just stupid?

Kelli

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Han2275 said:
Mrs CW - that story is hilarious!

I'm afraid kids songs don't quite hit the spot for DS1 ;) . His latest obsession is watching Willow Smith - Whip your hair, on YouTube. She dips her long hair in paint and decorates the room. He thinks it's amazing ;D . We also have to watch Oliver Twist DVD over and over aswell ::)My Eminem and Dr Dre CDs have certainly become for my ears only now!
I think they'd all listen to adult music in preference to kids' stuff - if we let them ;)
My DS is a big fan of Coldplay, just because it was in the car CD player when DH took him out for a day once, now he thinks that's our favourite music and wants to play it all the time. So much so that on a long journey a while ago, we were so sick of hearing it, that we played several other bands and convinced him that they were all Coldplay - with a different singer and different style! He sat in the back next to his sister and said "Sadie, this is Coldplay, just a bit different, OK?!" while we sniggered to ourselves in the front!

Show tunes are good - DS is a big fan of them, Santa just bought him a CD for Christmas - they're from slightly more innocent times so not so worrying if you DS stands up and sings them at school. (my friend's DS was 4 by the way! - I think the teacher was expecting something more like If You're Happy and You know it!!)

C x

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Another big Black Eyed Peas fan here. M loved loved loved this song when it came out Summer 2009 as I used to be at my mum's a lot and my sisters used to have the tv on MTV non stop. She would sing along to the woo hoo bit which was hilarious as she was just one a bit. Then my sister's fiance gave her the album for xmas last year so I've basically spent a year listening to black eyed peas in the car because every time she remembers she wants "Stefano's music" on!!! This also happens in the mornings and to her stefano's music is basically just track 5 on the cd (I gotta feeling) and it's no use trying to convince her that the other tracks are stefano's music too!!! Some songs on there have dodgy lyrics (about booty calls and stuff like that) and on some days that she's wanted the cd on in the morning and I've forgotten to change cd by pickup time I've had a few strange looks from the other mums in the school car park!!!  ;D
She also loves the Waka waka song by shikira from the world cup...she and my nephews want it on you tube all the time though suspect that with my older nephew who's seven it's not really about the music! heehee!!!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
bagpuss1 said:
My daughters favourite song is sex on fire by kings of Leon. Unfortunately it wasn't until she started singing it that I realised what the words were! I've been trying to change the words to specs on fire with very little success!!
Meg sings ' Your sax is on fire' Hope he puts it out before it burns his lips eh?

She is 8 and asked me why ladies have to 'waggle their bottoms' so much when they sing? I also have to watch Wii sing and her new X factor Wii game as the rude words are crossed out but they still sing them on the track itself ::)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Jack loves Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal, he's even got a special dance for it.

He's starting to pick up lyrics more as we're both great music lovers.

xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
I have a home video DS and his two cousins from last year and the girl (aged 5) is "shaking her booty" while MTV blares on in the background. I didn't realise until I watched it back and wondered what the heck she was doing. :eek:

I've managed to avoid introducing contemporary music to Ben so far. Most of what I listen to is old stuff. He's heavily into The Beach Boys (which is all fine and good in the summer but not to great when you're driving on an ice rink and someone's crooning on about the warmth of the sun and bikinis etc. ::) ) Mostly he ends up signing the tunes from adverts though. For a while there in the summer I was ready to take a contract out on the Cilit Bang man. ;)

C~x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Mrs CW said:
Chux honey!! Both mine absolutely love Tonight's gonna be a good night! So much so I had to check the lyrics before I put it on a playlist for DS's birthday party - I wasn't sure whether it's not about something dodgy?!
LOL LOL.............it's not is it??! They sung it on the X Factor so it can't be. ;D

I have to say I've never got into playing childrens music in the car, if they want that then it goes on their CD player and that's it. Mind you, I don't tend to play any CD's in the car (or at home), they get whatever is on radio 2 and dd especially can sing along to most the songs on their current playlist! The Candy Man is another favourite thanks to Chris Evans. ;D

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Well, I Gotta Feeling does contain the line "Let's burn the roof" and advocates getting wasted (and possibly stoned?) naked and general vandalism of, amonth other things, sofas. The again, Disco Inferno did that aaages ago dahling. ::) ;D 

As for Candy Man... if you're talking about Christina Aguilera's song then, um, yes, there's some interesting lyrics there too. One stop shop that makes my panties drop. There's also a reference to the size of... something. :eek:

It all sounds so innocent when your humming along in the car! ;D

C~x

P.S. I am also a Radio 2 kind of girl. :)

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Caz said:
As for Candy Man... if you're talking about Christina Aguilera's song then, um, yes, there's some interesting lyrics there too. One stop shop that makes my panties drop. There's also a reference to the size of... something. :eek:
Noooooooo...................The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jnr................"the candy man can cos he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good"!!

As for the Black Eyed Peas, I've never quite managed to work out all the lyrics but would it make me a really bad Mom if I said, even now knowing that, I'm ok with mine singing along?! It means nothing to them and it's not full of swearing.

Chux xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.