Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jackie - Brilliant News  ^congrats^ ^congrats^

Keep up posted - you give us all hope.

Sandee - As Yvonne said - Tell them to GET LOST!!!  :mad:  I know young mums who wish they had waited until they had bit more life experience before they tied themselves down with a baby (they're words - not mine)  What gives anyone the right to tell us when to have our families!!

Hi to everyone else on the Scottish Thread - Keep in touch, E X  :)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Sandee

I would just ignore people like that.  They are not even worth worrying about dont waste your energy.  Its not your fault they are so negative and shallow, just be glad your not like them.  I wonder if they have the perfect little life with the perfect little family - chances not!

My friend was just saying the other day how may more mature women there were at her class.  When the baby comes along you'll think what was I worrying for.  Go Girl!!

Good luck with tx

Take Care YodaXX

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the support, I am so much more positive as a result. Much more upbeat and no more beating myself up about age.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Good luck girls,

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

and congratulations to Jackie  ^reiki^

Luv
gail x

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi girls

My DH and I are having our treatment at Glasgow Nuffield.  We had our counselling on Sunday and I am waiting for my AF so I can make an appointment for my day 20 examination and nasal spray.

The nurse we saw on Sunday was lovely, she made us feel really comfortable as if we had know her for ages.  THe Nuffield is very relaxed and does not feel clinical at all.  I have not actually started my TX yet so I can't give any other info at the moment.  But so far so good.

I have never wanted my AF as much as I do at the moment, I just want to get on with the ICSI TX now.  Its our first time.  We saw Dr Low for our initial consultation 3 months ago and he seems very keen to get started as we are young and it is my DH who has poor morphology and motility, it seems I am ok.

Apparantly the success rates for us are quite high which makes me feel positive.  While I know anything could happen and not go to plan, I do feel positive and want to continue feeling that way.  We will deal with each stage as it happens.  :)

Yvonne I know you are with the Nuffield.  How are things going for you so far?  Which nurses have you talked to.  We spoke to Karen on Sunday.  I hope things are going well for you.  I have to chose the nasal spray I wish to start using, I have chosen Syranol (cant remember name properly) the one that is used twice a day.  Let me know how things are for you?  I think we are only a few weeks benind each other.

Anyone who has experienced Dr Low or The Glasgow Nuffield, I would love to hear from you, positive or negative.

Good luck to all, wherever you are.

Oh by the way, we are on NHS waiting list at Edinburgh Little France, we have to wait 7 months for consultation (which is sept 05) then 2-3 months for IVF doctor, then 3 years for treatment to start!?!?!?  Shocking.  My husband is in the army and we have lived here for almost 1 year, we only have another 2 years in Edinburgh then will be moving elsewhere, have no idea where!!  We are finding out if the army can help towards private fees or somethings as we will never get on an NHS list and actually be able to see it through.  We are looking into this, any help or info on this would be useful.

Good luck all x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Vickimarie

Hi just wanted to say Hi and good luck with your tx ^afro^

Glasgow seems to be much quicker than Edinburgh !

Take Care

Yoda ^fairydust^

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi everyone.

Istarted this topic months ago and have not been on the sight for 2 months or so. It is great to see that it is still going.

We have just been told that we are starting our treatment on 19th July. I am really nervous. We live in Eask Kilbride but are going to Ninewells in Dundee for our treatment. They seem really friendly and dowm to earth. Anyone got recent experience there?

·
Registered
552 Posts
^hello^

Welcome to the thread Vickimarie, & good luck with your tx.

Hi Scotslass, look for an ElaineW a the beginning of this thread (Part 1), she is from your neck of the woods, and also went to Dundee for her tx.  She now has a gorgeous wee girl! 

Sorry for the short post, have to go, take care everyone and keep in touch,

E X  :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi girls

Hope you don't mind me posting here, I am not having ICSI, I am having IVF, due to start shortly I hope at Ninewells.  Just wanted to say that it is great being able to see that people have had tx there and that it has been successful.

Thanks again

Chris

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you. ;)  Ninewells seems to have a  really good success rate  There are some girls on this thread who have been successful Good Luck . ^fairydust^

I'm not sure whether i'm having ICSI or IVF as Dr is going to decide on the day. 

Not till Dec though!
Take Care and Good Luck ^daisy^

Yoda X

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vickimarie

We're doing IVF at Glasgow Nuffield as well- did our counselling with Karen on 17 June, and my Day 20 appointment is on Tuesday. I thought Karen was really nice, and very patient with explaining everything. I am going to be snifffing Synarel, too.  Will start that on Wednesday assuming the scan on Tuesday is all clear.

We saw Dr Low, too.  He seemed OK.  I get the impression that the consultants at Nuffield leave a lot up to the nurses, (i.e. the u/s monitoring) but I am hoping he doesn't disappear completely until the end.  I have to choose my stimming drugs too and am a little confused about which to go for, but hopefully will get some guidance on that when we next go in.

Good luck to you- we;ll have to keep comparing notes!

·
Registered
382 Posts
hi girls could i join in?
we are starting icsi at ninewells in 3 weeks - got my af today, so just called the clinic to let them know - yikes!!
Chris, we were there recently for blood screenings, and to get my synarel spray -  and they all seemed very nice.

I'm sooooo nervous but excited (af came a day early - body must want to get started!)
don't know what to do with myself today because its all real now  :)  ^scared^
good luck girls, love ruby k xxxxxx

·
Registered
200 Posts
:) Hi Ruby K

I know exactlyhow you feel. Starting at ninewells on 19th July. Got all my drugs through the doctor they are really scary!!
It has suddenly become really real....Keep in touch and let me know haw you are getting on

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am also about to start ICSI at Ninewells.  Just waiting for AF to arrive this week and then start Synarel on Day 21 so it seems I will be cycling about the same time as Ruby K and Scotlass just a bit ahead.

Good luck and will keep in touch

^fairydust^

Lynne

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good luck to you too!
Did you go to the information evening at NInewells Lynne2

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes we did go.  It was quite informative concentrating on what might go wrong (seems odd to look at the -ve but at least were going in with our eyes wide open).
Did you go yourself Scotlass?

Just got my screening results today, normal, and waiting for AF.  It all seems real now which is exciting. 
I can't seem to stop wondering what if....

·
Registered
200 Posts
No we didin't go. We are going for screening on thursday as we were on holiday for our last appointment and are starting the drugs on 19th... Yes becoming very real

Keep in Touch

Scotslass

·
Registered
257 Posts
I notice from your profile you are from Glasgow - that's quite a trek to Ninewells.  Have you been there aleady?  How did you cope with the travelling?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Travelling not a problem.....yet. Went to Nuffield initially but thought they were a bit clinical and to be honest Ninewells has a good reputation and is a bit cheaper. I have family in Perth and friends in Dundee so if we need to get closer we can.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.