Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have these as my search showed one or two threads from last Christmas but has anyone any experience of both? I can't decide a) if G would like one or b) which one would be best.

G is 18m and not quite walking yet. He walks beautifully behind his walker but will only take a few solo steps. I've read reviews on Google which seem to say that walking or not doesn't matter as the children soon work out what to do regardless and as G manages to whizz up and down on the fire engine (!) I've no doubt he'll do the same on one of these. The issue is the 'one direction' or the 'all direction' of the Scuttlebug and the Scramble Bug.

Any thoughts ......?

B xxx :-*

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Is everyone ignoring you B?  Have you decided which?  I have no idea................!!

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I was ignored wasn't I? ^eyes^ nobody helped me ^eyes^ nobody at all ^eyes^

so I got both, no just kidding! I got the scuttle bug, I decided G might end up careering sideways into the Christmas tree if I got the Scramble Bug ::) ;D

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Good job - I wouldn't have let him bring it here if my tree was in danger!!

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heaven forbid  ^scared^

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
;D  ;D

·
Registered
574 Posts
I know it's a bit late, but thought I'd add a comment for anyone else in a similar dilemma. My 2 were bought a scramble bug (at my request) for Xmas. They aren't walking independently yet but are now confident with walkers/brick trolleys etc and love their bug. DD has learnt to cock her leg over it and often just goes and sits on it. They both use it as a walker (one handle each = less fights!) and often stand at the head end and push it backwards, and because the wheels swivel it turns corners as they lean on it so they can get it round corners and through doorways etc which they couldn't do if it had to be steered with the handles. They'll sit on it and hold on as we push it and I'm sure they'll learn to scoot soon. We like it (and its a perfect height for a footrest  ;) ).

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
B - How did G like his Scuttlebug? J has only mastered going backwards on his so far  ;D ::)

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
And why didn't we get to see it last week?

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh hello, what are you all doing in here again?  ;D

Mac we were quite astonished to find that when I got it out of the box for him and put it on the floor that he toddled over to it, wriggled his way on to the seat, grabbed the handle bars and just took off across the room!. Not once did we have to show him, he had whizzing along the hall and steering sussed within moments!!! The only trouble he has now is trying to keep W off it  ::) But, yes, he loves it (I was so relieved because DH had said 'no don't get that, he'll never play with it!' - but he was wrong!!!  :p )

(to be fair he's used W's 'car' before now which requires exactly the same movements to propel it  ;) J will get the hand of it soon, don't worry! Didn't J get a Little Tykes (?sp) car though? Can he get that thing moving? G always goes for them at soft play but doesn't move it an inch, I have to push him round in it  ::)  ;D )

Elle74  ;D I've sat with my feet up on it too  ;D

Tilly I don't know, it never occurred to me to get it out, next time!  ;)

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Yep he did B and he can't move that either  ;D

Clever G and well done for proving Daddy wrong.......1-0 Mummy  :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
B - Is W too big for G's scuttlebug now?  I was debating whether or not to get one (poss on eBay) for my little chap, to take on holiday in a couple of weeks time as they're nice and portable (he enjoyed whizzing around on another friend's one a couple of months ago) but not if he'll already be too big for one. 

Thanks  :-*
Peacelily xx

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello lovely :)

W ADORES G's scuttlebug ::) much to G's dismay!

He's a little bit too big but it doesn't stop him whizzing around on it. I think your little tinker would be fine ;)

Where are you off to for your holiday, any where nice? (On no, I can guess, you're going back to Slurry Pit Farm aren't you, we've booked it up for the whole of July - NOT ;D )

B xxx :-*

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Oooh, we're free in July B, can we come too?  There's plenty of room after all!

xxxx

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Thanks Chux!  As for you, B & Tilly - yes, definitely going back to Slurry Pit Farm  ^roflmao^ .  I'll PM you.  Off to bid on some scuttlebugs...

Grrrr, blimmin' internet, just lost my PM, anyway, we're going to Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk.

Peacelily xx

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
One scuttled into my trolley in Sainsburys this morning ;D DS hasn't seen it yet but he's getting it when he wakes from his nap - hope he likes it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.