Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am just about to start my secong round of ICSI next week and feeling pretty nervous! Anyone else about to start? First time round all of the nice healthy eggs taken fragmented over nite leaving only one of any use, so hopes were dashed pretty swiftly! Has anyone else ever had that happen before?
Rachx

·
Registered
249 Posts
hello rach,
sorry to hear about the probs you had with your first icsi attempt. its truly crap when you have pinned so much on it working and then it doesn"t. hpoefully this time round will be a success!
i have just started my 2nd attempt too. currently im down regulating on the suprefact injections. god they give you a headache! . my first attempt ended in a early miscarriage. we  went for our 28 day scan and the sac where the embryo should have been was empty. two years on and we are starting our 2nd funded attempt.
who ever said ivf was an emotional rollercoaster was right!
i wish you loads of luck this time around
take care , claire

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Rach,

Hi my names Sally and i am due to start my second ICSI attempt towards the end of August.  We had 5 embryos first time round, had to have AH, but unfortunately got BFN.  Actually I knew before the test, which in some ways was better.  We are unfortunately not funded, so not sure how many attempts we are going to be able to get.

I have already joined the cycle buddies thread for Auguest/September, so maybe meet up with you in there?

Good luck with your attempt!  (and you Clare!)

Sallywags

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Claire, That must have been really tough on you, loads of luck for this time round. Our treatment is a bit different this time as we have gone to a different clinic (the last one lost its embyologist and couldn't find a replacement!) and it all seems to be a lot shorter timescale. Starting on injections of suprecur and menopur this week. Flying off on a long weekend at the weekend and i'm a bit nervous about having to take drugs and needles through customs in these scary times but we have phoned the airline and they don't think its a problem. Not looking forward to side effects again, you are right about the headaches, feeling like a beached whale wasn't nice either! Hopefully it will be well worth it for both of us!
Take care, Rachx

·
Registered
249 Posts
hi rach.
are you doin a long or short protocol? i started the menopur yesterday too;
hope you have a lovely weekend where ever you are off to,the weather has got to be better than here!
good luck with your new clinic.

hey sallywags
not bein able to get  funding is a real bummer,this treatment is sooo expensive! im prayin this cycle is the one for us (nhs funded) otherwise i fear the plastic will be feelin the strain.

good luck girls.
claire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi claire, Doing short protocol which is v different from last time as that dragged on for what felt like forever! No side effects so far, but only a day in! off to the sun tomorrow!
Rachx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Rachy
My Dh goes for his PESA on 16th consultant then starting me on IVF early September.  Very nervous but excited too.

Good Luck with your treatment Hope you have a more positive time this time round.

Lots of Love Emma x :-*

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi
i am starting my second round of ICSI on 20th August.I am nervous too.
i had two great embies put back but they didn't take.i had 5 fertilise but the other three didn't freeze unfortunately so no frosties.

best of luck i am sure we will talk on the cycle buddy board.

love
sharon
xxx

·
Registered
174 Posts
HI everyone can i join you all?? I am just about to start my 3rd ICSI cycle, last 2 failed and was a poor responder to the fertility drugs therefore have no frozen embies. it would be good to chat to people who are experiencing the same
Emma jayne x

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Emma Jayne

It would be great for you to join us especially when you have already been through the experience,  some our us a new to this and it would be lovely to share our experiences together.

When are you starting your next cycle?

Lots of Love
Emma x :-*

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Emma
I have got an appointment on monday to discuss treatment plans as it has been nearly 7 months since my last cycle. They are planning on doing a different drug regime with me this time as i am not a very good responder to the drugs (my follicles grow at different times therefore only get a small amount of mature eggs) so hopefully this will work better for me. I didnt have to have this appointment they were quite happy for me to just ring on the first day of my period and go from there, but i like to know exactly what the treatment plan is so i thought it would be a good idea to have a chat with them. Where are you having treatment? I am at midlands fertility clinic in Aldridge Birmingham.
I cant believe that we are about to go through it all again!! Its such a stressfull, but exciting time, fingers crossed third time lucky???
Love Emma Jayne xxxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Emma Jayne

I am having treatment at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough Dh is in on the 16th for his retreival then I am going to start my treatment.

Very Nervous and excited.

I am going to set up a Cycle Buddy page for all us ISCI girls going through the treatment AUG/SEPT So look out for it.....

Keeping my fingers crossed for you please let me know how you are going.

Love & Hugs
Emma xx :-*

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Emma Jayne,
Good luck with third time round! I didn't respond very well to the drugs last time either so had no frosties so this time im on stronger stuff. Off for a scan today to see if they have worked or not so quite nervous and excited!
Rachxxx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.