Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home!

Love

Jeanette

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hiya everyone

Jeanette - saw you, Richard and your dd were going to be at the Stratford Meet - so I've taken the plunge and booked us in for the Saturday. Hope that is the day/night you are going for.
What time to you usually arrive in Stratford? And do you do something child orientated in the afternoon?

Fee xxxxx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fee

Yes, we have booked in for the Saturday night!

Never been before so dont know what to expect!!!

Nearer the time I will look at the age ranges of children going and sort out some things to take. May do a pass the parcel or simply things like that. What do you think?

Knowing Alexandra though, she will just love seeing the other children and babies!

Love

Jeanette xxxxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
great!

Well Laura will probably run around hooting with laughter or demanding ice-cream! Pass the parcel sounds great! I might see if I can borrow one of those dance mat things! They love a bop!!

Fee xxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks for the new thread Jeanette.

Claire - We must be kindred spirits, we too have the most wonderful king-size four poster. It's my pride and joy! We re-did our bedroom about 2.5 years ago and bought the bed, 2 sets of drawers and a double and a single wardrobe all in antique waxed pine. It cost a small fortune, but I figured it was a good investment as they'll last forever. We're lucky as our bedroom is 15ft square, but we'll have a hard time finding a new house when the time comes!
My scan on Monday is the major anomally scan that alot of hospitals do at 20 weeks. Ours like to wait till 22-23 weeks so they can get a better view of all the organs. I can't wait as it seems forever since our last look at bubbs, and now he/she is so active I'm sure it'll be emotional to see. How did yours go?
I know what you mean about the clothes. It dawned on me the other day that it'll be summer when the baby arrives, so I'll probably spend most of it sobbing over my crop tops with my post-baby saggy belly!!

Sara-jayne - Thanks for the good wishes. Hope the treatment is still going well, and hopefully you'll soon have some good news.

Jeanette - Not long till Richard's big moment - make sure he gets the time right this time!! At least you'll soon know the whole picture and can start planning your next step.

Fee - You sound really well, good for you! Have fun in Stratford, I know they had a great time last year.

We have finally decided on both names now - Jessica Jade for a girl and Jacob Andrew for a boy. Mind you, although we picked the girl's name about 2 years ago, Phil changes his mind about the boy's name every week so I'm not counting my chickens!

I'm 23 weeks now, and starting to forget what it was like to bend in the middle! Work is a real chore too, as I'd much rather lay on the sofa and be a lazy cow all day! Never mind, only 15 weeks to go till my maternity leave!

Hope you are all well and taking good care of yourselves. Catch you soon.

Trish xx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Jeanette & Fee Thanks for the kind words about my 'princess' it sounds like Laura would be great company for Leah if she is as much of a girly, she wont wear trousers and sorts out all her pink clothes before she wears anything else!!

Have just posted my scan photos(Kenney jr), it was so exciting to see the babe on the screen I really dont think it seems real until you have seen it and finally got a date, 21.07.03 which makes me 13+1, looks like my guess was better than the midwifes as she had me at about 15!! Though L was 8lb2 and 10days early so I dont expect to go till the date this time either.

Trish - I lurve my 4 poster bed its my pride and joy too and we like you have a large bedroom although when we moved here we did have to ensure the room was big enough to take it.. However the cupboards that we like from Ikea are all about 3cms too high for the room, Pete is a bit of a diyer and may try and adapt them as we havent found anything as well made for the price and that we like :mad: anywhere else
Glad the scan went okay for you, they booked my next one in but it seems an eternity away on March 9th, I really feel as though i am going to be pg forever rather than the 3.5months i was last time!! The names you have picked are lovely, me and my mum were thinking of a few last nite, i have loads of girls: grace, allana, rosie (pete wants Skye but i have put that right out) but am struggling a bit with boyz like Drew and Edward at the mo but got plenty of time to change my mind.

Gonna have to love you and leave you as my friend (who is also the babysitter and is terribly excited) is coming for dinner

Love to all
Claire ;D

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone

Hope you are all well. Cant believe where the time goes! Whats worse is that i have no news at all!
Countdown begins until the beginning of Feb when dh has to 'do the deed'!!!!

Im fine- have major family problems which have affected me quite badly- the usual crying, sleepless nights etc. Not helped by my mother informing me that the reason why I cant get pg is because we dont ^hump^ enough!

If only it was that simple!!!!! My mum got this info from a book. Bless her :eek:

Who else is coming to stratford? im looking forward to it.
Should be good fun!

take care

Love

Jeanette xxxxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hi everyone,

Is it OK if I join you on this thread? I have a daughter, Kirstie, who is now 9 months old. She was conceived on our first ICSI attempt. We are thinking about trying another ICSI attempt late in the year but in the meantime I am just about to finish a 6 month course of the Yasmin bcp (precribed for PCOS) and so we will be trying for a natural miracle baby for a while ;) ;D.

Jeanette- Mums eh? They mean well but... ;) Hope the family stuff improves. I am a bit out of date - are you due to move on to IVF now then?

Claire - I have friends whose daughter is 6 weeks older than Kirstie - she is called Skye!

Trish - It only seems like yesterday that I read about your BFP ^reiki^ and now you are 23 wks pg!! It sounds as though you are blooming! So you are planning on working to 38wks. I went on mat leave at 29wks! although if I am lucky enough to get pg again I will have to work longer as I wont be able to afford to take unpaid leave again.

Don, me and Kirstie are all coming to Stratford - we are booked for both nights! I'm looking forward to it too!

Love to all

Allie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Thought it had gone a bit quiet out there, hope everyone is well

Welcome to Allie, your daughter is gorgeous, I have tried to attach a picture of Leah on my profile but wasnt very successful, I thought I would give Tony a few weeks to settle into parenthood and then send him a quick begging email!!

Jeanette - I am keeping my fingers xrossed for your dhs tests. I assume you have the date in BIG letters on the calendar this time and that you read the letter to!! ;)
I cant believe your mum saying such things to you, just ignore her I am sure she meant well..

Right well gonna have to go, got indigestion and a cup of warm peppermint cordial is shouting me, not to mention dh and dd who are both in the bath.

Speak soon
Love Claire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thoguth I'd better pop in again, not sure where the past few weeks have gone. ::)

My grandma aged 90, died last week and have been quite tied up with helping sort things out, the funeral is next week, so hopefully things will quieten down then.

Jeanette - sorry things are tough going at the mo, hope it improves for you and good luck to your hubbie at the beginning of Feb, my hubbie has got to do one too!!

Allie - your little girl is a real cutie !! I remember mine being that size they grow up so quick!! could you let me know what yasmin bcp is ? as I suffer from PCOS and have never heard of it.

Trish - glad all is going well for you, you'll be there before you know it !! has it gone quicker this time round ?

Claire - hope the pepermint tea helped, I always used to find ginger nuts were good or the good old gaviscon!! mind you tastes awful!!

Not a lot to report for me although I am feeling more positive this month, I actually ovulated on day 20 which is a vast improvement on last months 14 week cycle and no ovulation !! I have started metformin so not sure if this is playing a part ???

So in theory I am on a 2ww period due Monday 2nd February.................. wait and see I guess. Trying to keep ^reiki^ but am also trying not to think about it and get my hopes up again !

Take care all, catch up soon

Sara

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi

Nice to see this board getting busier. Sara, your daughter is just a bit younger than Claire's Leah and my dd is 4/1/2. Jeanette's daughter is 7 (I think - not sure when her bday is). It would be great if you could come up to Stratford for the meet. Can we persuade you??? ;D

Allie - How lovely to see you in here. Welcome aboard. I often look at the Tri boards and think - you'll all be in here soon - then won't there be some chatting on here!!

Claire - Leah and Laura could be twins. Laura is just starting to wear trousers now - because she's more aware of idols like female pop stars wearing them. But it took a while! Everything pink!! That's her! She's really into the Fairy books at the moment - can't remember the author, but there are 7 - Ruby the Red fairy, Amber the orange fairy etc - all rainbow fairies. She loves them. Hope the sickness is calming down. I used to crave salt and vinegar crisps when I was pukey. I think I'd rather be sick than take gaviscon!

Jeanette - your Mum! Bless!!

Fee xxxx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi There!!

Fee I really didnt know Laura was so near in age to Leah, she will be 5 on Oct 15th, when is Lauras bday?
Isnt it strange how some girls are completely obsessed with pink and dolls and others dont seem to bother-- I have had to lay down the law a few times with trousers esp if we are going shopping in town and I have told her should the snow arrive tonite she is going to pre-school in jeans whether she likes it or not!! The fairy books sound lovely, Leah pretty much likes any sort of book, she loves to go to the library and pick her own and has loads in her bedroom...

Sara - sorry to hear about your grandma passing away I think its still a shock even when they get older and it really doesnt stop you missing them.... I lost my maternal grandmother exactly 9 months after I had Leah and was very upset at the time thinking she wouldnt see her grow up, my mum brought me down to earth (as they do) by saying at least she had met her and spent some time with her -- and infact she is the only great grandchild that Nan did meet. Keeping my fingers xrossed for your big fat + ve ^reiki^

Hi to anyone else in passing
Love Claire

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Claire, Sara, Jeanette, Allie - and everyone really!

Claire - Laura will be five on 25th May - so there is just under five months between them. They're going to be a scream if we meet! Are you based near London?

SNOW - l's very excited!!

Fee x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, well what a fun evening we have had tonight !!

Abbie was so excited she nearly burst when it started snowing well it was more like a blizzard, we had about 3 inches in an hour!! anyway two snowmen later she is exhausted in bed !!!! dreaming about building no 3 tomorrow!!

Claire- thank you for your kind words, she had been ill for a while, so we knew it was coming, but like you say it still takes some getting use to.

We are away for a week at the beginning of April so won't be able to make Stratford, it does sound fun, maybe next year! I'll have a look at piccies though, I love putting faces to names !!

Hope everyone is well, will catch up soon

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for my prolonged absence - never seems to be enough hours in the day!

Jeanette - Sorry to hear things are a bit pants at the moment, hope they improve soon. Hopefully you'll make some progress pg-wise after Richard's test, and that may help a little. Pay no attention to your mum - she sounds like mine, always knows best about everything!! Next time just tell her that actually, you s**g like rabbits and that'll keep her quiet!!

Sara - Good news so far with your tx - hopefully getting better as you go along. Glad your dd enjoyed the snow. Sammy was most disgruntled because we wouldn't let him out in it as he's been off school with a throat infection! i wouldn't care, but the last time he was in snow he hated it after ten minutes as he was too cold - kids! Also condolences re your nan - mine died when Sammy was 10 weeks old from alzheimers, and I was distraught knowing he'd never know her, but it was a blessing really as she'd been ill for a long time and didn't know any of us anymore. I still miss her though, even 6 years later. Big hugs to you.

Claire - How's it going honey? Still pukey? Hope you're looking after that bump!

Allie - Welcome!! Yeah, unfortunately I need to work as long as possible so I get more time afterwards with the baby, but I'm ready to stop now if I'm honest!! I could quite happily stay at home till the baby is about 3, but I'm on a really good wage so we can't afford to lose it. Luckily they're quite good about flexible working hours, so I'm looking at alternative shift patterns. Good luck with your attempts at No.2 ! Kirstie is a real sweetie - I'm so jealous of all you girlie-mums!! Still you never know, maybe this time.......!

Fee - Laura sounds like my kind of girl! If we get a girl this time she won't have a choice about the pink and the fairies - it's already decided! I've had enough of bugs and soldiers, it's time for some frills!!!

Had our re-scan yesterday as they couldn't see the heart properly last week as bubbs was in an awkward position, and wouldn't budge (just like it's father!). It was back there again when we went back, but had a couple of glasses of cold water and got it to move. All was well, thankfully, so now it's just a waiting game.

I am now 25+weeks so it's moving along. Got all the old familiar aches and pains and plenty of violent kicks and punches, so it's finally all feeling real. Sammy felt the baby kick for the first time a couple of days ago, and was amazed! Phil has only felt it once, as he's too impatient to wait more than about 2 seconds! I think he's still a bit freaked by the whole idea of a little person in there!

Well gotta go and cook dinner, so I'll leave you in peace. Take care.

Trish xx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Morning Everyone,
I am enjoying having the pc for more than a few seconds as I have dh putting some lights up in the front room now that he has taken up the carpet in our bedroom ready to decorate in there - confusing hey!! Anyway he is busy so I am not having to ask permission. Dd is plonked firmly infront of tele and shows no signs of moving she is watching that awful programme dick and dom - I hate to see what they do with food ;D
Dh taking me out tonite for dinner and cinema (originally i was going to pay for dinner as it was his bday last week but he was working but i got out of it by paying for us to go away for the wend - no Leah in March :D :D :D)
Well enough of me..
Trish - I really had to chuckle at your quote for Jeanette, I cant possibly imagine saying anything like that to my mum!! All is well with babe, heard its heart beat for first time this week which is exciting, makes everything seem real.. the sickness has gone off alot now, just have to watch what i eat.

Jeanette - keeping my fingers crossed for your dhs test, not long to go now.

Sara - Leah was really excited by the snow too, she just cant believe its all gone now before I even had a chance to get a sledge for her.

Fee- Unfortunately I live in Leicester which is a bit of a trek to London, but it does sound as though Leah and Laura would get on like a house on fire, perhaps we will have to meet somewhere halfway!!

Hi to anyone else i have missed, there seems to be loads again, just going to post on the 2nd tri board and there are MILLIONS there I keep losing track!!
Love Claire

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi all
I love the expression "pants" hee hee

Claire - glad the sickness has worn off. Isn't it lovely when you hear that heartbeat wish washing away!! If we have a next time, I might even buy my own monitor to hear that every night whilst I fall asleep. (something of a role reversal going on there I've just realised).

Trish - Over half way now. Brilliant. I never really had kicks with Laura - she just sort of shifted about! If it is a boy in there, you'll just have to tell him pink is in!

Sara - Our snowman finally melted yesterday. aaahh. Good fun though wasn't it.

I've just enjoyed a quite hour in the gym - now off home, where Laura is demanding we make gingerbread men (I'm doing the coffee at church tomorrow, so need to make homemade biscuits.)

Speak soon

Fee xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All, nice to catch up with you all

Trish - glad to hear all is going well, it made me laugh reading about using glasses of cold water on the baby to make it move, I used to do that to my DD when I hadn't felt her move for a while and it used to drive her crackers !! I only discovered why when I was in labour as she was an undiagnosed breech and I was putting the water on her not her bottom !!

Claire - hope you had a nice evening with you dh,what did you see at the pictures? Glad to hear the sickness is improving, its great when that bit is over!

Fee- making gingerbread men must be the thing to do toady we've just made a huge tub full, I know she won't eat them though, Abbie enjoys making the mess far more !!

We have a carrot on the lawn as the snowman remains !! I've had tears over mind !! please snow again soon !!

Jeanette - hope all is well with you and dh

No news my end really, d-day on Monday, seem to have had a few symptoms, but don't like to read into them, but I also question if I am actually having them, if you know what I mean !! Temps are looking good and staying quite high so that is quite a good sign.

Will keep you updated !!

Take care and have a good weekend :)

sara

xxxx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Girls

Well I am really proud of my dh- deed is done. I do love him very much.

Sara- good luck for today as well. I do know what you mean as well!

Fee- hope you are well. How is your georgous Laura- cant wait to meet her.

Trish- cant believe how quickly the time has gone. It only seems like yesturday!

Claire- hows the decorating? We seem to have come to a stand still! Being very patient but really want the house finished!!!!

Allie- welcome aboard!

So we will get results next week. Due to see consultant about my leg on 13th Feb so we will decide from there what we are going to do.

If i have missed anyone, sorry and hello!

Hope you are all well. Its raining here!

Love

Jeanette xxxx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Feel i need to groan and moan ^furious^ dd has been a dd from hell today!! she walked in the muddiest puddle outside our house in her 'nice' boots not her wellies, then we made jam tarts and when i wasnt looking she ate the jam out of 3 but left the rest, played with her dinner and to cap it all tipped a WHOLE I mean whole bottle of bubble bath in the bath...
Oh and as if that wasnt enough cant decide what cupboards to have for the bedroom, spent all day yesterday looking and I liked all of the ones we saw, unfortunately dh wants only ones that go floor to ceiling, so we had words about that as they were the most expensive but it was a bit odd as you had to build a frame and then attach the doors to this...

Well sorry to be a moaner.... onto nicer things
Had a really nice meal out and saw Paycheck with Ben Affleck, not bad, although i have to confess to falling asleep 3 times, dh was quite amused!!

Jeanette - I cant believe your appt was today thats come round really fast after missing the last one, I hope all goes well for you.. ???

Sara - I hope your result is +ve today I have my fingers xrossed for you

Fee - I must agree with you I would love to hear my babys heartbeat everyday, its just so reassuring, I am just worrying about the 15wk blood tests I have just had done now and then hopefully once that comes back okay I can relax...

Trish - Hope you are well
And hi to anyone I have missed
Love Claire
PS feel much better now i have that off my chest
PPS for those I have been speaking too for quite awhile, my dhs auntys partner has just given birth to a bouncing 9lb15oz boy -- OUCH (Oh and named him Milo!)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.