4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home everyone!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone

Hope you are well. Its raining here in the west midlands and is sooo miserable.

DD and dh have gone out so I fell asleep for over an hour so I feel great!

Will catch up in abit but wanted to say hello to all my special friends on this thread.

love to you all

jeanettexx

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
:)
Hello ladies..
I haven't posted in a while, just read lot  ;)
Not much going on really, still  ^BMS^ but still not working.
I keep looking at Laura & wondering do I continue in my quest for a sibling or do I just call it a day & get on with my life.
But then all the hurt & pain comes back of losing AJ & I can't help myself, I NEED to be pg NOW (oh sorry, selfish mode, slap).. Sigh, why is nothing ever simple.. I should be thankful for what I have..
Jeanette, hope you enjoyed your peace.
Fee  ^hugme^ I like your new ticker, hope you're ok.
Gail, hello, hope you're ok..

Well best shut up now,  I haven't gone through half as much as you ladies have to ttc, so really I am lucky..
^Cuddle^ to you all...

Roz xx

G

·
Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well  :)

I am not feeling  :)o bad at the moment.  My af is due to arrive on the 22nd feb and by now I have normally got very sore boobs and i am usually feeling very bloated.  I have had nothing yet  ^reiki^ ^reiki^.  All I do seen to be doing is crying for no reason.  It was my birthday yesterday and I cried when I read all of my cards.  I got up set just talking to my boss yesterday. I also have noticed that I still have some cm .  If I was lucky enough to ovulate this month (u never know) it would have happend around the 8th feb.  I am scared, a little excited and very very unsure.

If I have had no signs of af by the 22nd do I test or do I leave it? 

Any advice would be great.

Love Charlotte

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi girls
first time posting on this thread i am due to start ivf next week at Burton on trent i have a DDshe is 8 yrs old concieved naturally after 6 yrs ttc and 2 failed ivf have being ttc for the last 5 yrs but only decided to go for ivf last year but i have been putting it off because i feel guilty spending so much money when i already have one child but i know my DD would love a sibling i feel that i should like alot of you except what i have got and i am grateful every day for having my DD and even if my ivf fails i know how lucky i am to have her.
does anyone else have second thoughts and feel guilty about spending such alot of money?
we have decided to only have one go if it fails then that is it we have a holiday booked in july so something to look forward to,
                  love sharon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well and surviving this cold grey spell.

Fee, just wanted to send you a hug.

Charlotte, know just how you must be feeling, don't have any advice to give, but hope you have some good news to tell us soon!

Roz, sending you a hug too.

Sharon, we're finding the do you/don't you spend the money a difficult choice too.

I'm going to be 41 in March and I've really got to make up my mind whether to have one more go at IVF or not. It's not just the money. If I get pregnant we'd be looking at over an eleven year age gap. My dh is ten years older than me so he'd be 70 when child was 19. Does it matter? I can't imagine how it would feel to have parents in their sixties and seventies when you're just leaving your teens. Or is the fact that they love you the most important thing. If anyone is reading this who has a big age gap between children I'd love to know how they get on with each other. And I'm scared of putting us through all the heartache and disappointment again if it doesn't work. I just can't seem to come to a decision.

Love Nikki

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello Ladies

Haven't posted for a while.... I had a 3 day migraine last week!

Jeanette, I hope you had a good rest! Where in the west midlands do you live? I live in Sutton Coldfield. I know what you mean about the weather, very miserable. ^rain^

Gwen, you must be feeling very frustrated with your hospital. I can't believe they only do IUI one day a week. Have you thought of trying a different hospital? I hope you are OK!  ^hugme^

Roz, you've been through so much and I understand your need to be pregnant. Don't give up, you can do it!! I had given up last year then something urged be on down the IVF road and it worked for me at the age of 41.  ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

Chaz, Happy Birthday for yesterday. Sending you lot's of positive thoughts and baby dust.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

Hi Sharon (aggy) , welcome. Don't feel guilty about spending the money. People waste money every day on really stupid things. This is money well spent on the most priceless special thing in the world. It's the cost of a 2nd hand car or a nice holiday. I have never felt guilty and neither should you. Wishing you lots of good luck with your IVF cycle and keep us posted.  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Nikki, I'm 41 and my DS is 9. He will be nearly 10 when I have my baby(ies). I don't worry about the age gap. My son loves babies and small children and we went through with IVF for him just as much as us. With regards to being an older parent, I don't think it matters. It's all down to individuals. You can have teenage parents who are excellent and others that really shouldn't be parents and I think it's the same with older parents. The older parent has become the norm now as more people wait longer before starting a family. Most of my friends are in their 40's but they don't look or act it. So don't worry. I hope you try again. Lots of good luck.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Fee and RSMUM sending you hugs  ^Cuddle^

Take care all of you
Louise xx

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
:'(
Am sat here with tears welling in my eyes..
Last night a friend rang me & we were on about the houses that were for sale near my old house, she couldn't quite remember which 1 it was that had been sold & said the woman who bought your house was washing her windows so I know it was that 1 near you. I piped up, oh right, she's due to have her baby any time now (calm sounding voice my end although secretly thinking it should have been me  :'( ), my friend hesitated then said, she's had it. Big intake of breath from me cos I know whats coming next, a little boy... Wham, there goes that sledge hammer.... Awkward silence from my friend, quickly have to say bye as tears are welling up & I don't want to lose it in front of Laura.. Why, why, why couldn't that have been my happy ending!!! I was in that house 5 years!! 4 years of ttc & then to lose him.. She's been in there 7 mths. has 3 other children & produces a healthy little boy.. I feel so silly feeling like this, I don't even know the woman & hate getting upset like this but can't help it.
Sorry, just needed to get it out, no need to reply, just feel better out than in..
Going to go wipe my face & make Laura breakfast & give her an extra cuddle..
Hugs

Roz x

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Hope you don't mind my joining you - I'm not sure where to post......... Hope you don't mind my introducing myself/repeating myself here.

I have unexplained, secondary infertility, had a series of failed IUIs/IVF, and now decided to use donor eggs in a last ditch attempt to have a baby.

No real compelling reason to use DE, everything appears to be in working order, I already have 1 child, conceived naturally, and my FSH is only 5.6. But, I am 41, so my eggs are unlikely to be good quality, and I got tired of failed IUIs/IVF, and being a 'poor responder. And to be honest, losing my daughter at 37 weeks last year completely demolished me emotionally/psychologically and made me terrified that I would never have another child. My DD would have been 10 months old this Saturday.................

I figured DE might be a shortcut to getting pregnant before its too late. I know the considered advice is to try 3/4 IVFs with you own eggs first, but as I said, I got tired of the endless dissapointments, as the song goes 'I'm all cried out.........'; and I'm fed-up with the endless shelling out of hard-earned cash. I want to buy baby things, not BMWs and deposits on holiday homes for infertility doctors................

Anyway, my son is 10 this year and I'm worried about the big age gap too, but I'm more worried that it might never happen.

I've started my meds and hope to have the DE transfer in mid-March. Of course no chance whatsoever of getting this in the UK privately or otherwise, so I am doing this abroad and paying.

Joy

G

·
hi all

thank you all for your wishes good luck :)

i am so scared of what to do. my Dr said that y tubes were most probably blocked and with the pcos as well i would more then likely need ifv :'(. But now with no signs of AF my head is in a complete mess ^confused^ ^scared^. My cycle can be between 36-39 days so I am going to try and resist buying a hpt before Friday if nothing happens.

I would like to thank you all for your continued support. I fell very honored to be part of such a fantastic support network ^bow^ ^bow^.

I will keep you all posted and let you know wether it is a bfp or not, as i know there is support here whatever the outcome.

Love Charlotte ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
268 Posts
^hello^ girls,

Sorry I have been awol for so long but I have been reading your posts!

Aggy my friend welcome to this thread.  Let me know what Burton is like.  Good luck for next week then, this could be your time fate and all that like we said.

Jeanette how are you doing growing nicely I hope  ;)

Chazz - fingers crossed for you that you get a BFP!  then dh won't need to go nowhere near a hospital for his sperm test  ;D

Welcome longbabygirl.

Roz - (((hugs))) for you about the woman in your old house.  I know exactly how you feel.  I am doing a course at the moment with a girl I used to work with who has an 8 yr old.  When we met up again on the course the first thing she said to me was ' Did you know I am pregnant again - 9 weeks?'  Then today I was sitting next to her and she had to go throw up twice then she went home!

Hello to everyone I havn't mentioned, please forgive me for I've been awol that long can't remember everyone!

Love NNxx

P.s I start d/r in 6 weeks time!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone

nn- lovely to hear from you xx Fab news on your tx

Chazz- we are here for you hun. Hopefully we can meet up soon.

Joy- welcome aboard. Good luck with your tx. We are all here to support you.

Roz- how are you today?? Sending you a BIG HUG (((())))

Lou- Im only round the corner from you!! ;D

Nikki- good luck with what ever you decide xxxxx

Sharon- welcome aboard. We all understand how you feel

Gwen- lovely to hear from you xx

Fee- thinking of you xx

I only have 5 weeks left at work !! Hooray !!  Still cant believe how quickly the time has gone. This time last year I was so low..every month I would cry..I felt as if my heart was going to break esp when my dd was crying for a brother/sister. Those feelings will never be forgotten. Even now I still cry when I remember just how low I was.

Im sending you all hugs n kisses

love

jeanette xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thank you all for your welcome.

Charlotte - good luck, hope you get a positive.

NN - how exciting! - have you got your protocol

Jeanette - wow - I bet you can't wait to meet the new person you're been carrying around for the last 8 months. Is baby a boy or a girl?

Joy

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi
thankyou for all the replies i feel alot better will keep you posted how it all goes
            luv sharon :)

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to you all - for some reason I haven't been getting my notifications ( THOUGHT you were all a bit quiet!!! ::) ::)Duh! )...

There are so many new people here..wil have to take some time to read though all your posts..

Hi to Longbaygirl..saw you on the DE thread..

and hi to EVERYONE else..

Just a quick update from me - I'm in limbo right now - D/R didn't work , have a big cyst so am on other meds to try to stop it..going in again in a few weks time for another scan. Apparently the donor has to wait for me..so, at least I haven't lost her..

will write more when I can..

Take care all of you..

RSMUm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Just a very quick hello to everyone - sorry i've not been in touch but work has been horrendous for the past few weeks.

Hello to the newbies Sharon & longbay girl - we all know how you are feeling and you're sure of some support here.

Charlotte - fingers XXXXX

NN - i'm due to have icsi now but i've put it off till April due to work stuff and because i'm truly scared of another disappointment so we'll probably be on 2ww together

Love CaseyX

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hiya everyone

DD is waiting patiently for the snow!! ;D

Joy..Im finishing work at 30 weeks..sorry if I was unclear. I just cant wait to leave !!! ;D

Casey..sorry to hear that work has been rerally bad xx

Sharon..thinking of you xx

RSMUM... so sorry to hear that D/R didnt work. Hopefully the cyst will go soon.

Hope you are all well

With much love

Jeanette xx

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Hi girls,

Just popping my head in to appologise for not being around much recently.  Work and home stuff has been a bit manic recently so hardly been around much.

Just wanted to see how you all are.

Jeanette - Glad you're blooming and you've not got too long till you finish work, you lucky thing. 

Hello to everyone else, sorry not too many personals, woke up with a rotten cold yesterday morning and now I ache all over especially my neck which is as stiff as a board so thing I'm gonna hang up my gloves and toddle off to bed.

Night Night all  :)

Love

Emma xx

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Just saying Hi ladies..
Isn't this snow lovely? Mind you saying that I haven't had to go out in it yet!!  ;D
Parents evening tonight!! Laura is not looking forward to us meeting her maths teacher, her work has really gone down hill since september, she's always been so good at Math so we're not sure if it's the teacher or the fact she got moved up to a higher group and is struggling.. Joys of parenting lol..
Jeanette those few weeks at work will fly by, make the most of them cos you'll miss work!!  ;D
NN hope things go ok with you.
RSMUM -  ^Cuddle^
chazz - ^Cuddle^
Fee - how's things??
Hi to all I have missed..
No news this end, just plodding along like an old donkey taking each day as it comes.. Making the most of life (been quite a few unexpected young deaths in our town in the last 3 weeks, makes you appreciate what you have doesn't it).
Take care

Love

Roz x

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.