Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
Have just joined the site today and wondered if anyone had any ideas please.

We've been ttc for over 2 years now and have had variety of tests including hsg (big ouch!), blood tests, scans and internals and DH had semen samples. Anyway the consultant said everything was fine and if we want to move forward to go IVF route...is that not a big huge jump from fine? I've tracked my AF and the luteus phase varies from 8 days to 14 days. What I'm after are your ideas please for things that I need to ask my GP to find out if everything is really fine as Consultant didn;t expand on anything. And ideas on anything I could do to help me become preggers as well please.

MAny thanks

Beanz x

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Beanz, I'm in a similar situation to you except I have tried medicated IUI x 3. I can't offer many words of advice as we have still not got our BFP. However, could medicated IUI be an option for you? My consultant told me it would give us the same chance as we had at the beginning of of ttc journey and that it had the same chance of working in the first six tries. He advised we only give it three attempts before considering IVF because of our age and the cost [we're doing this all privately]. Whatever you decide to do ... I wish you lots of luck.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hiya Beanz,

I sympathise totally with you, a year ago we had been ttc 2 years and had all the tests you mentioned and then we were offered IVF. it is incredibly frustrating to hear that everything is fine but then nothing happening, you have nothing to blame and it is very difficult.  One thing we did try was clomid tablets and these boost your ovaries increasing your chance of conceiving and i have heard of a few people this has worked for but unfortunately not for us.  I was very scared when they said IVF but am glad now as have accepted this is our best chance.  had 1st IVF try in Dec 10 but BFN however got 8 frosites and I am just about to have 2 of these transferred next monday so hoping this will be my bfp time.

I wish you lots of luck and hope you find the lovely ladies on here supportive.  Maybe have a chat about clomid or IUI and see what your doc says then when you have all the info you can make the best decision for you (but IVF is not as scary as it sounds)

lots of baby dust to you  ^fairydust^

Em xx

·
Banned
784 Posts
Hi Ladies
I am posting here to beat my drum again about the importance of Thyroid Testing. A problem with your thyroid can start after the birth of a baby. Short lutheal phase in cycle is a symptom
Get Your TSH tested the result needs to be around the 1.0 to 2.0 mark, near the 1.0 the better. Also get your ATA done as positive for them can prevent pregnancy,
You can get lots of info on FF about Thyroid readings and what they need to be in Agates FAQ in immune thread and underactive thyroid thread
X
BC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the really helpful suggestions and lovely messages -  I certainly hadn't thought of my thyroid and will be hoping to get that tested very soon. x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts