Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm a bit stressed about feeling pain whilst under sedation ( i know i'm being a wimp) so am cunfused about whther I should spend another £200.00 for anasesthetic?

What is the EC like? painful?

Sonia

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi Sonia,

I had heavy sedation for my ec. I watched the anaesthetic going into my arm, felt wonderfully light and woozy and then was waking up in recovery. I felt wide awake, but very relaxed, straight away. I had no pain afterwards. I would definately recommend sedation compared to GA as long as you have no reason to believe that it will be a complicated procedure for you - like severe endo or something like that.
It took me longer to recover after a laparoscopy, and because they put a tube down you throat, I had a cough and laryngitis after.

Whichever you decide, I wish you well,

Love,

Suzy

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Sonia

I had sedation and didnt feel a thing although Tony says i kept saying i nedeed more and more so they gave it to me ;D they give you what is a hypnotic so although you may think you feel a bit of pain you dont remember a thing when you come round. (i wont tell you what else i got up to as i was embarrased that my mouth could run away with me like that ^chuckle^)

Its entirely personal preference and i am sure some of the girls will give you some advice.

Mel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mel, Suzy

That makes me feel a lot better already.

Mel you have to tell me what else you said, i'm so curious now!!!

I'd hate to think what I would come out with in that situation !

SONIA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts