Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I posted this question earlier & Tony suggested that you may be able to help as you're also an anddrologist.

What can you tell me about semen liquefaction? We've just heard that DH's semen isn't liquefying. How much impact does this have on fertility? Is there anything we can do to help it? He's had 2 separate tests about 6 weeks apart, both of which showed that his semen isn't liquefying.

I've tried to find out more about this, but there doesn't seem to be much information on the internet about it....

Any advice gratefully received

Susie

·
Registered
856 Posts
soozzee said:
Hi Peter

I posted this question earlier & Tony suggested that you may be able to help as you're also an anddrologist.

What can you tell me about semen liquefaction?

It is the process by which semen changes form the sticky properties of the new ejaculate to the more runny, liquid properties which allow the release of sperm form the sample.

We've just heard that DH's semen isn't liquefying. How much impact does this have on fertility?

Not much if you are having fertility treatment

Is there anything we can do to help it?

No but we can deal with it in the lab very easily

He's had 2 separate tests about 6 weeks apart, both of which showed that his semen isn't liquefying.

That's OK as long as you are going to have IUI or IVF

Good luck!

Peter

I've tried to find out more about this, but there doesn't seem to be much information on the internet about it....

Any advice gratefully received

Susie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.