Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 28 and am have just started a course of Clomid. I have polycystic ovaries and am taking bromocriptine due to a pituatary tumour that caused elevated prolactin levels. I get a monthly period.

My husband has had to have three SA done. The first showed everything normal but morphology said: within normal limits (18%) My Gynae requested another one as a matter of course and due to a technical error, they could not do morphology. We've just got the third one back and its says his semen ins hypoviscous and morphology is abnormal 88%.

I understand that this is just outside the normal limits. What does this mean.

Is there any way we can improve the morphology or is it really bad news?

I feel really depressed and confused.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Hi.  My DH had various variable SA results a couple of years ago.  About 15 months ago, we both went on a programme of nutritional supplements recommended by a nutritional therapist, as well as cutting down drastically on caffeine, processed food etc.  (DH doesn't drink or smoke but he did, he would have reduced those drastically too!).  We had our first IVF cycle a year later and DH's SA was entirely normal by then, with no apparent reason for the improvement apart from the supplements and dietary changes to account for the difference. I don't know for sure if they made a difference but they won't do any harm! If you look at the complementary therapies thread on this site, you will find a lot of info re supplements, and stories from people who believe they have made a real difference.  Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.