Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22356 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!  I might be a bit too early but am hoping to start ICSI in September this year and was wondering if anyone else was too.

Jen  :-*

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Jen

^goodluck^ with your treatment

Its perhaps a little early for some ladies to join but i am sure that any sept/0ct ladies who are reading will be joining you very soon :)

Em

·
Registered
644 Posts
hey there.
im not having fresh cycle but hoping for a fet transfer round about that time, having a summer holiday hoping to downreg sometime aug.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!  I'm having a wee holiday first too.  Think the rest of the year is just going to fly past now coz ther'll be so much going on!

Jen :-*

·
Registered
644 Posts
where are you heading on holiday? eh ours could be quite wild going to magaluf with 3 other couples, very excited just going to totaly have a blow out, got quite alot on up till then so alchohol consumption might be high, i have tryed 3 cycles being very limited and have got me know where so taking another aproach, i dont mean drinking while im having tx or owt like that just leading up to it!! sep seems so far away, im totaly ready to go again but have made my choices now so might as well enjoy them.

where are you having your treatment? did you say its your first?

Tracey xx

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're going to America for a few weeks in the sunshine.  Can't wait!!!!!!  Yep it's our first treatment. DP had the dreaded vasectomy years ago and now we're trying to get around it!  Going to the GCRM in Glasgow which seems to be doing well at the moment.  Lots of lovely BFPs on Glasgow Girls thread anyway.  What about you?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hello

We are hoping to start again around September/October time, but this time we are going to go to IVI Alicante in Spain. As we have a holiday home about 40 minutes away from there. That is where we are going in 5 weeks time for 2 weeks - yippee. I used to be on the March/April Cycle buddies but after my BFN I felt it was no longer for me although I do pop onto the thread now and again to see how they are all doing - majority of them have got their BFP's and are mostly talking about pregnancy symptoms. Which I was getting upset initially as I hoped I would be one of those with the BFP.

Anyway hope to get to know you and others who are going to start their treatment in the months of September/October time.

Sonia xx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hope you are well.

Sonia xx

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just thought I'd start the thread early coz I'm so keen to get started and wanted to feel more involved in things.  Looking forward to making some good friends over the next few months.

·
Registered
644 Posts
forgot there i was posting on here ha ha. im at the glasgow royal. where do you stay jj1980? im down in lockerbie so im travelling up all the time. think my car knows its own way!
america sounds nice, id like to add that to my have done list, so you will need to tell me all about it!

hello sonia welcome, nice to meet you. how many cycles have you had chick? i have never had a fresh transfer, have always had medicated transfers. looking at transfer round start of sep, im excited again, dont think i have any tears left just now!

well of to watch big brother, im not sure if im going to be alowed to watch it dh hates it ha

Tracey xx

·
Registered
644 Posts
sorry sonia just read your history, you havent had a easy time chick. im sure like me you have cyed a few tears, think if you dont pick yourself up you could crack up eh!

are you using donated eggs this time?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jen,

Hoping to start cycling in September and feeling the same way about wanting to be involved.  I have a feeling the summer will really drag for me.  Just want it to be September and be starting treatment.  We are off on holidays next week so that will be a distraction.  I have a son who will be 3 in September, from a successful IVF in Dec 2004.  We are going to give it another shot before I turn 40 next year and hope for the best.  I know we are so very blessed to have ds but the need and longing for another child is still very strong.  This will by my third IVF treatment, the first one was negative so dreading the thought of trying to pick myself up again if it isn't successful but think I would regret it more if we didn't try again. 

Sam

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's so nice to hear from everyone!  I'm so desperate to get going I've already started my 2ww diary!  ^idiot^
Keeping hope- I stay near Dumfries so will be doing a bit of travelling too! 

Jen :-*

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all, Can I join the thread??? :)

We are starting out third tx cycle in september. DR in August.  Am also really keen to start the whole process as we have had a gap in between treatments as the whole IF thing was dominating my life for a while so I went to uni to train to be a midwife (I know that sounds mad!!!)  Anyway am at the end of the course now, I finish in a months time and can concentrate on my dream to be a mum again (DD aged 11, concieved naturally - dont know how!!)

I am also planning a holiday before tx starts and am going to let my hair down and relax beofre starting the whole emotional rollercoaster again, this is a completely different approach than I had before.  I cant wait to get going and am feeling quite positive this time, although I think all the travelling is going to be tiring as going to a new clinic this time and the clinic quite a distance from home but heard lots of good things about ARGC, so hope its worth it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Of course you can join the thread!!! You don't need to ask!  It's great that there are more people as keen as me to get going and I'm not the only impatient one!

We've got our appointment with urologist tomorrow to discuss surgical sperm retrieval.  I am so worried that we might not even get any sperm and then I'll be devastated.  At least if we get past that hurdle and our first treatment doesn't work then we can try again but if there's no sperm there we're knackered and our baby dream will be over.

Gosh - I'm sounding negative already.  Sorry!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello, can I join in too.  Was originally planning to start this month but have had to put it back for various reasons.  We are having ICSI at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and its our first time.

Jen - interested to hear you are at GCRM. We wanted to have our tx there but have been put off by the travel and fitting it all in.  Hope your appointment went well.

Sonia - tx in Alicante sounds a great way to do it!

Look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months.

Chook

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yay!  There are lots of us now!!!  We'll need to think of a name for us like some of the other cycle buddies have!

My appointment was ok on thurs.  Just a general chat to talk through the options.  MESA is looking the best (and unsurprisingly the most expensive!) option so hopefully get that done in August.  Got my AMH(?) level blood test done so will get the results next week.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello can I join your group? ::)I'm about to start my first ivf and could do with some support but beware while I was on clomid I was
^furios^ ^furios^ ^mercy^ ^mercy^ ^tantrum^ ^tantrum^. he he
A little about myself & DH have been together for 7yrs trying for 5 yrs. DH,37yrs is OK,myself 35yrs. during my previous treatment at North Devon  I was on clomid and hated it, had loads of issues, bleeding, pain, weight gain, moods  :'( :'( I was told my tube were fine, after suffering for over a year I moved to Trelise Hosp were they found I had endo, blocked tubes,large choc cyst and hydrosalpinx, so after having a few ops to sort it out I'm about to start my first ivf journey. ^pray^
So it would be lovely to share our journeys together, the laughter and tears( hopefully not too many) xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hi ladies

I shall be your moderator for your cycle, so anything i can help with just shout up :)

Barnstaple, i was awful on clomid but pretty much calm during my ICSI cycle even though the drugs were probably stronger  ^idiot^

If you would like to have a think about the thread name as i am sure there will be many more sept/oct cyclers joining you all as the weeks go by and i will add a poll during July

Chook welcome to you also

Jen, i hope that the results next week are what you are hoping for  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

best wishes to all
Em

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi everyone

Well one week to go until our holiday in Spain for 2 weeks.  :) Just found out my friend who went to menorca a few weeks ago, bought me a fertility quartz and everytime i saw her she kept saying i must bring you that quartz so she put it in her handbag so she wudn't forget and i havent seen her for a short while. Anyway, she texted me saying that the fertility quartz does work, she was a week late with her AF, so she tested and it was positive. I replied congratulations.

I hope there is still some power left in that quartz for me  - hey girls.  ;D

Sonia xx

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Heffalump!  Am sure your help will be required at some point!

Sonia - We go on hols a week on Tues.  Can't wait!!!  Mind you DP just back from a week long golfing trip to Turkey so he's not so fussed.  I'm making up for it with my excitement!  Hope the quartz works!  Maybe I should get me some of that. 

Barnstaple - You've had a bit of a hard time so far.  Hope things look up for you this cycle.

Girls- Anyone got any name suggestions?

1 - 20 of 22356 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.