Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New home

louloubabe - so sorry that you are testing neg...... :'( (((((hugs))))). It doesn't matter whether it's your first or your fifth negative, it hurts as you are right you put your life on hold, let the drugs take over and for........ The only way that I got through it was thinking that the first go was a learning curve........... hard though ((((((hugs)))))).

Tinks - thanks for letting us know about stockportsun when you speak with her, please give her our love (((((((hugs)))))))).

Snowdrop - more bad news, sorry for you and your dh too. ((((((((hugs))))))), hope the review will give you some more options.

Alidan - welcome to the 2ww thread! and wishing you all the best with your blasts!

KathY - limbo land is not good......... (((((((hugs)))))). You don't know where you are. One good thing is that the bean is in the right place................ loads of love.

Baz - glad today at work has been easier! Now feet up!

Maria - poor you, gutted........ (((((hugs))))))).

Caz - thinking of you........

Lesley - welcome!

Sicknote, Joxxii - good luck for tomorrow.

LisaH, Dockers and Alidan if you test early - good luck too!

Love Sue
xxxxx

updated list for you

Doris - IVF - Testing - 1 Sept :'(

Jdrobinson - IVF - Testing - 1 Sept ^reiki^

Bluesoo - ICSI - Testing - 2 Sept ^reiki^

Frankie - ICSI - Testing - 2 Sept :'(

Layla Benjamin - IVF - Testing - 2 Sept

Nikaos - ICSI - Testing - 2 Sept ^reiki^

AJ - ICSI - Testing - 2 Sept ^reiki^

Salties - IVF - Testing - ?? Sept :'(

Smiler - FET IVF - Testing - 3 Sept :'(

Sarah Lou2 - IVF - Testing - 4 Sept ^reiki^

Saff - ICSI - Testing - 5 Sept :'(

Misty - IUI - Testing - 7 Sept :'(

Missspud - IUI - Testing - 8 Sept :'(

Maureen - ?? - Testing - 8 Sept ^reiki^

Maxbabe - ICSI - Testing - 9 Sept ^reiki^

Freddie - IVF - Testing 9 Sept :'(

Kathy - IVF - Testing 9 Sept .. repeat 16 Sept

Ente - IVF - Testing - 10 Sept :'(

Mandi - ICSI - Testing - 10 Sept :'(

Isobel - FET ICSI - Testing - 10 Sept :'(

Janis18 - ?? - Testing - 10 Sept ^reiki^

Annie M - IUI - Testing - 13 Sept :'(

San2 - IVF - Testing - 13 Sept ^reiki^

Chazzie - IVF - Testing - 14 Sept ^reiki^

RSMUM - DIVF - Testing - 15 Sept :'(

Neona - IUI - Testing ?? :'(

Tracey-new - IVF - Testing - 15 Sept - :'(

Sasjane - FET - Testing - 17 Sept - :'(

Queen Sheba - IVF - Testing - 18 Sept - ^reiki^

Su23 - ICSI - Testing 18 Sept ^reiki^

Louloubabe - ICSI - Testing - 19 Sept - :'(

Maria C - IVF - Testing 20 Sept - :'(

Caz - ICSI - Testing 20 Sept

Snowdrop - FET- Testing - 21 Sept - :'(

Sicknote - IUI - Testing 22 Sept

Joxxii - IVF - Testing 22 Sept

LisaH - FET - Testing 23 Sept

Dockers - ICSI - Testing 23 Sept

Alidan - ICSI - Testing 23 Sept

Lesley MB - IVF - Testing 24 Sept

Sam19 - IVF - Testing 25 Sept

Karen Worthington - IVF - Testing 27 Sept

Treen - ICSI - Testing 30 Sept

LongBayGirl (Joy) - IUI - Testing 30 Sept

Debs - ICSI - Testing 30 Sept

Baz - ICSI - Testing 29 Sept

Moni - ICSI - Testing 29 Sept

AliC - IVF - Testing 1st Oct

FionaIm - IVF - Testing 3rd Oct

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
louloubabe, Maria, stockportsun. So very saddened to hear your news. :(
I agree with Sue. I saw the first one as a learning curve in the end but it still stings right there...even now while I have the hope left still for my second cycle. Don't really think it gets easier, just that our skins get a bit thicker so it looks that way to the outside world.

I had my blood HcG back today which was 41. Apparently they count a positive as over 50 so not good. However, long story short, they (eventually) said that it was still very early so not necessarily a negative and I have to have another test Thursday to see which was direction the Hcg is moving in. I've literally been through just about every single emotion known to man in the last few days and I'm starting to get worn out by the stress and lack of sleep.

Hope everyone else is keeping their spirits and positive thoughts up.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is still early Caz and the only way you are truly going to know what is going on is wait till Thursday.  Yep you're going to be a tired nervous wreck by then but you've got hcg in your system it's now a case of it's GOING to go up.  Think you should start your novel now.........  you might get some writing in.......  thinking of you and good luck for Thursday.

Love Sue
xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Girls

Just popping by to give big big hugs to those of you who have got a negative in the last couple of days.

Keep tight hold of your dreams - I hope one day you get the BFPs you deserve.

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - Sue, no probs about the list.  It's great to have you back!  :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Morning Everyone

Loulou Maria Snowdrop and Stockportsun - Sorry to hear the bad news. 

This is my 5th ET (3rd FET) and someone asked me if it gets any easier?  I replied No it doesnt get any easier - you just learn to deal with it a bit better!!!  As you say - the skin starts to thicken a bit - However when the hormones have calmed down and things get back to normal you find a strength that makes you chomp at the bit wanting to try again!!!  No matter what the last experience was like!!  We are surely a set of Tough Birds!! ;D

Caz - Good Luck - Heres to the HCG rising!!!

Lots of Love to Everyone

LisaH

·
Registered
56 Posts
Snowdrop. KathY and MariaC- sorry to hear your bad news.

Baz- hang in there at work- at least it keeps you too busy to analyze every ache and pain

Caz- fingers crossed for an hcg rise- it's hard to get a maybe when you just want a yes or no.

I have got a stinking cold that developed overnight. Am convincing myself this is a bad sign, though DH is more pragmatic- "it's just a cold, nothing to do with pg or not". ET was last Friday.

Treen

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya Everyone

Sending everyone who didn't get the result they wanted a big hug. I am truly sorry  :'(

For everyone else who is still waiting for "the day" and is having niggles, twinges, paranoid thoughts, repeat after me.............................................

I must think POSITIVELY...........................
this IS going to work...............................
I am NOT paranoid of twinges and niggles................
I WILL last without doing a test before my test date...
I WILL NOT get paranoid everytime I go to the loo.....
The embies WILL stick..........
They WILL NOT drop out.................

......................repeat this 10 times and you'll be fine.

I'm going back to my padded cell now  ^NahNah^  ^roflmao^

Ali xx 

·
Registered
305 Posts
A  GREAT BIG HUG to all of you who have had a negative cycle.
                    ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Wishing you happiness for the future and don't worry it will happen.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

and a big  ^congrats^ for all of you who have had a positive result all the best for the future!!!!

love

Bev

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ali- Thanks for the mantra  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Treen

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Snowdrop, so sorry yours was not to be this time.  :(

treen, don't fret about the cold. I had the sniffles last week and...er...I don't think it's done too much harm.

AliC, you're little mantra made me laugh! Thanks for the cheering up. I think I'll be joining you in that padded cell some time soon.

No news from me yet, just popping in to wish everyone testing today and tomorrow the very best of luck.
Anyone testing after that...resist the temptation to test early. Really isn't worth it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Girls

Just thought I would pop in.  I have been to the hossie to give my blood sample this morning.  I havent done a HPT at all (I did this first time and vowed never again!!!).  I now have the day off work to stew!!! ::)

I have a little plan in my head - I know its silly but I will tell you:-

Like most girls when I was younger I thought about who I would marry what my dress would be like and where we would live and about children.

I have done marriage but soon after starting on IVF I realised that I would never be able to do that thing where you do a HPT and then coyly wind my DH up and anounce to him that I was pregnant!!!

So I have just got back from the shops with supplies for any eventuality!! ;)

I have a packet of lemon buns - if it is positive I will literally put a bun in the oven and leave a note on the kitchen table for him to have a look (he is at work at the mo and doesnt want to know till he gets home). 

I will be able to celebrate by eating the buns!!!! ;D

If it is negative, I can still eat the buns - ALL of them this afternoon before DH gets home.  Plus I have a bottle of wine, a packet of 10 cigs  ^evil^ and a packet of Always Ultra!!!

One way or the other we will be ok!!!

I am going for now - will post again to let you know whether the wine and cigs are still intact or not (If I am sober enough to type that is!!!)

Love

LisaH

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lisa,

Sounds like an excellent plan...very funny with the buns in the oven ;D ;D

Loads and loads of luck to you! Lets hope you really do have a bun in the oven soon!!!

love
maxbabe
xxx

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have just joined the 2ww... :-  et yesterday.I have been reading this site since i started ( first ivf) and it has kept me sane.
I have high fsh and responded poorly to stims so am in a state of shock that i have got to this point.
Waves of panic and then extreme calm are washing over me so I've been siting trying to work out how to join in.After a few glitches hopefully it's working and you can actually read my blurb.
I have had bad stomach cramps since before ec so am trying to stay calm re af ssymptoms
Also I'm a bit scared to move.Luckily not working just now as work freelance but think I may go crazy over the next 13 days.
your all great on here I'm so lucky to have found this site.
:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya Lisa

You must be so anxious, nervous and excited all at once!!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling!!! I've got everything crossed that you get a BFP  ;). Also, congrats on not doing a sneeky test at home, that in itself is an achievement!!! Absolutely love the idea of the buns!
Liza, good luck for the next 2 weeks. I had my et last Friday and I have been driven insane too with all the niggles. Luckily today I am not having any (still don't know whether that is good or bad?).

Hope everyone else is doing well

Ali xxxx

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi girls,

Liza - welcome to the 2ww!  I'm a little ahead of you, I had ET on the 17th and I test on the 29th.
My fsh is ok but like you, it's my first cycle (ISCI) and I didn't have a brilliant response (4 eggs, 3 good enough for isci and 2 fertilised) - so I can't believe I got to the 2ww too.  I also got stomach cramps during stimming (could hardly walk :( ) but can't remember what I was given for that.  After EC, and especially after ET,  I again got stomach cramps (apparently common response to cyclogest) and my clinic prescribed ritodrine - it has worked wonders!  
Hope this helps!

Ali - I have been repeating after you, so I'll be joining you in the padded cell!  ;D

LisaH - brilliant plan!!!  ;D

Love and good luck to all,
Moni xxx

·
Registered
133 Posts
go lisa go

cant believe you havnt tested early. you must be a saint
good luck any way. love the buns idea. should have thought of that myself ;D

welcome liza

heres some ^fairydust^ for you ^reiki^

and to everyone else , chins up think positive (says the eternal pessimist)

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi girls!!

LisaH - how funny!!!  ;D ;D fingers crossed that *** packet is still in tact by the end of the day!!!

Love Church!!!

P.S  Welcome Liza  ^pompom^and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^thoughts to everyone else!!!

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
HI All

Just popped in to wish you all lots of luck with your tests and hope that you are coping with the insanity of the 2WW !!!

I just want to send a big HUG to everyone

Clare

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh God this is torture.

Had my bloodtest today and it had come back borderline with levels of only 33.  This is apparently half of what it should be.

I have to be retested on day 5 but she didn;t sound hopeful, and said it might be ectopic.  Great. :'(

I have had two positive first response tests but apparently these count for nothing.

Is there any hope do you think??

Allie.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Just a quick post as I am supposed to be working  ^evil^.

Well I am having no signs at all yet, I don't know if this is a bad thing, I'm trying not to look into too much.

Alidan, be  ^reiki^, it could still be ok, fingers crossed for you.

Lisa, I have my fingers crossed for you,
^goodluck^.

Hello to all the new 2ww, welcome to the thread.

I hope everyone else is getting through the 2ww,  ^goodluck^.

Lots of  ^fairydust^.

Baz

1 - 20 of 84 Posts