Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls and the very best of luck to you all

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi girls,

carol you sound like such an amazing person, I can't get over all the stress you've been through you seem so kind and caring for others despite your own difficulties, you maybe take after your auntie ann rather than your parents. I'm glad your manageing to say the word NO also, as you've just got to put yourself and dh first at the moment. I never had hot flushes the last time but this time they're awful like you I'm hoping this is a good sign that my body is responding slightly differently.

Debx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Carol

I cant believe what your family are putting you through. Deb is right you must be more like your aunt.
Hope these symptoms are a positive sign and hope they dont knock you out too much.
Cant wait to see you next weekend
Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all doing OK.

Carol, big, big hugs to you ^Cuddle^ Hope you're feeling a bit better.

I have had my 2nd follie scan today and all is going well. ^thumbsup^
The nurse said I have 16 large eggs and quite a few little ones. The largest is at 15.6mm, don't know if that's big but I can certainly feel them all. I feel like I need the toilet all the time!! ^chuckle^
I'm back again Friday and Monday then it's the big day on Wednesday.

Hope things are going well for everyone.
Sending you all loads of love and luck
^reiki^ ^group^ ^reiki^ ^group^ ^reiki^

Lots of love
Sally
xxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Carol - OMG how much stress are you under?! Really hope that you can get some of this stuff sorted out - as the others have said you and DH are the most important people at the moment. Sending you a big hug

Woppa - well how are the stimms going? Hope you are ok

Lots of luck and love to everyone else on this thread
Sophie
x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Girls,

Carol - How are you feeling now? Sounds like you had a bad time last night. Take it easy sweetie. Thinking of you. ^Cuddle^

Sally - Glad your scan went well!

Woppa - How you doing?

Hi to everyone else and keep positive eh.
^spot^
Lainex

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi All!

I've got my first scan tomorrow so fingers crossed for that. Thanks for your words about the AF Carol - who knows eh? But I'm passed beating myself up for it - life's too short!!

I've been down regging since 28th August and I'm just getting some hot flushes. I didn't get them last time. this time I get shivvery and then have flushes too so I'm at work at the moment and my cardi is on, then it's off, then it's on, then it's off... you get the picture?

Hopefully I get to start stimming tomorrow after the scan. Dh can't go with me tomorrow so it willbe the first scan i have on my own which isn't so great but never mind - it's a means to an end eh?!?

Good luck to everyone - I hope you're all feeling ok.

Sally - good luck for your scan tomorrow and all the stuff next week

Carol - glad to hear you're feeling better

lots of love Janie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all, and thanks to Carol for your novel ;D ... it's good to vent, huh? Do you think that things seem a lot worse due to being 'menopausal'? You certainly don't need the stress at this moment - I hope things improve for you. Two years ago when I discovered I was peri-menopausal I tried Clomid with the local hospital. It was the worst possible timing you could imagine. I'd moved house 6 months previously then mum became ill and was in hospital, then later I had to arrange for her to move out of the house that she'd lived in for the last forty years ..... how on earth I expected to conceive - I don't know! That was with Clomid though like I said and I know it's easier said than done but think of yourself at this time.
I can't wait to start my progynova as the hot flushes are a real pain ... so used to my HRT sorting things out. Feeling tired too ... really listless ^sleepy^
Let's see ... where am I up to ... will be making a call to the nurses at CARE in Manchester this Monday to see how our donor is doing then hopefully will be starting the progynova. The time is flying now - will be on the 2WW before we know it :)
Feel a little sad to be the only one with the donor .. all you ladies are so fortunate to be hoping for your own baby .... but at the same time I feel very lucky to have been matched with a donor so quickly, within a few weeks.
Was discussing with DH last night, how we'll find the finances for a 2nd attempt if this doesn't work but he was very reluctant to talk about it - said it may jinx this attempt if we are negative. What will be be will be I suppose.
Anyway, good luck to all of you and keep the messages coming in ^gossip^
Love, Lynne x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Janie

Good luck with the scan tomorrow. ^spot^

Lainex

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Girls!

Let me join you in the August/September group. I can see there has been a lot of interesting activity here, both good and sad. I will try to catch up but I get a terrible headache when I use the computer. For me the activity side has been very slow, it has been a strange summer. We used the nice hot summer weather to paint the house. Unfortunately I ended up six weeks in bed with a heavy concussion, terrible sciatica, a twisted knee and some eye problems (that’s why I get the headache, they say it can take up to six month before my eyes are back to normal). The medications forced us to postpone the treatment for two cycles.
Now I am up on my feet again, or actually on two crutches. I hope I can leave them behind in a week or two. Dh says I getting better since I’m getting so restless so I constantly leave them behind and try to “jump” away.
We started the stims last Friday, and tomorrow we go for our first scan. EC is planned to 17/9 depending on tomorrows scan.
I have been feeling much better this time, the sniffing went really well, or perhaps it is because I have been taking it really easy and stayed in bed most of the time.

Good luck everyone!

Love ^group^
Lind

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Lind

It is so lovely to hear from you .. I have been wondering how you were doing ... were you quietly going through your treatment, had you been successful yet and so on ... never did it cross my mind that you had been laid up in bed with concussion! :eek: :eek: How on earth did you manage that?????

I hope you are back to 100% fit very soon. ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Sorry that your treatment had to be postponed, but excellent news that you have now started down the road again.

Anyway, I saw that you were online ... have been looking out for your post ... and just want to wish you all the luck in the world with this cycle of treatment. I hope that this time your dreams come true.

Love and Hugs
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi all,

Went for another scan this morning - i now have 27 follies !!! No wonder i am feeling so uncomfortable !

I have another scan in the morning - with EC either Monday or Tuesday !

Catch up later, need to go to the loo (again !!!)

Sarz

·
Registered
260 Posts
WOW Sarz,

Congratulations on all those follies ^thumbsup^

Things are looking good.

Hope you are drinking lots of water (despite the inconvenient loo trips!)

See you Sunday,

Flo
x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Carol, hope you are OK? Thinking of you (((((hugs)))))

Woppa, how's it going too?

Lind - lovely to have you back with us, have to ask, WHY were you laid up in bed with concussion? ? ? ((((hugs and love)))))))) to you.

Sarz - gosh no wonder you are uncomfy. Good luck!

Janie - hope your scan went well?

Lynne - this still will be your baby and at the moment, don't think of the next time, concentrate on this one! ;)

Lots of Love and luck
Sue
xxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome back Lind. So sorry to hear what you have been through. Glad you are having another go. And i second what Carol said about the next meet up it would be lovely to meet you and Stefan.
Good luck and ^reiki^ thoughts.

Love Kimx x x

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Girls!

Thank you for all your lovely words. ^group^

Carol: I'm sorry to read that you have had such a tough time. ^Cuddle^ Family is never easy to handle, and especially if you have different preferences on what is important in life.
Even if we never should forget our parents and grandparents I think it is important to remember one thing: You responsibility isn't against the past. It's against the future and the next generation. That is the essence of life, each generations takes responsibility for the generation to come. For you that mean you have to look after your self. Tell them that, and don't feel guilty about it. You and John are the keys to the next generation. The road you have to walk on is a tough road, and there is nothing wrong to let them now that. Like the other girls have said. You are under enough stress as it is and don't need any more. ^group^
As for big bumps, ;D You and I are going to have difficulties hugging each other. I'm sure this is your time, ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and cycling with you all make up postponing the tx. I have a strong plan that we are going to expirience morningsicknes together. ;D

I just got a great laugh so I can't keep this from you ^chuckle^; I just saw Stefan walking through the kitchen with a floor under his arm… ;D I don't mean floor boards. I mean a complete floor, size smaller (2.5 x 1.5 meter). He has build a new large larder and apparently it was to small to comfortably put in the floor boards so he built it outside and are now trying to fit it in… ;D ;D

Elaine: It's great to cycle with you, ^group^ and I'm glad to se that you started the stimms. I'm on my way to look at the pictures. It was great news.

Dee: Thank you for your lovely words. ^group^

Sarz: Great news about all your follies. Don't forget to start drinking cranberry juice after EC, that decrease the risk of OHSS. With that many open follies you are at a slightly higher risk. ^thumbsup^

Lynn: Great news that you are on your way. Don't feel said about the donor issue. ^Cuddle^
This is going to be your own baby, not matter what. This little embie wouldn't be anything if you didn't give it life. Maybe it isn't your genes, but it is your blood that runs true it. It's your body that is going to keep it safe and warm. That is worth more, and that defiantly makes it your own baby. ^group^
Like SueL says don't think of the next time. This is a very heavy road to walk on, if you'll start to worry about what lays a head, you loose energy for the next step. So just focus on this tx, and the future will work it's magic on its own. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Well how did I end up in bed! My own clumsiness I guess. ::) I was born clumsy. My father used to say that I was the only one in medical history who could fall down from her slippers and twist an ankle. Believe me I did - a lot of times… ::)
This summer incident probably looked like something from an old slapstick movie. ;) On my way down from a ladder I fell, with a paintbrush in one hand and the bucket in the other, was trying not to spill the paint all over the terrace shale and landed with both feet on a very large roll of building plastic, ::) stood there for what felt like a couple of minutes, lost the fight over the balance factor and ended up in a wall two meters away. ::)
I was very lucky not to break anything. I wasn't high up; I just landed on the wrong place. My darling Dh felt like it was his fault since he was the one who put the role of plastic there. But who could imagine that I would land on it.
Unfortunately my head is a little sensitive. About ten years ago I learned the hard way that you never should rock in a non-rocking chair. ;) With my normally good luck I had a large sofa behind me and hit the head in a wooden armrest. I got a small fracture at the base of my head, and even if that healed nicely, it's like I get headaches and concussions very easily after that.
One of the medications they gave me was an anti-inflammation medication, it's the same family as Ibuprophen, so that's why we had to postpone. I still use some of it, but the clinic seems to think it is okay.

We went for our scan yesterday. Both bad and good I guess. There are about five or six large ones and some small. I had some more last time, but they think it could be the medication. EC are schedule for Wednesday 17/9, one day earlier than expected.

Now we are off to dinner. We decided to go out and eat, maybe catch a movie if my knee feels up to it. :D
We have the EMU referendum tomorrow and since Stefan and I both are involved with the election procedures it is going to be a long day.
Stefan is the director of our election district and between the choices of not seeing him for the whole day :(, or volunteer to count votes 8), I choose the last one. ;)
It's going to be a strange election though, since our Foreign Minister was assassinated three days ago. There is a very damp feeling among us right now. Since we are such a small population everyone are somehow affected. She was a very popular figure and we think that a lot of people who not usually care to vote are going to vote for showing their support to here and the democratic principles. So it will probably be a busy day.

Good luck everyone with what ever you are doing. ^group^

Love ^group^
Lind

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Girls

Lind - Welcome back - great to hear from you again.

Janie - Hope the scan went o.k?

Sarz - Wow 27 .... lots of luck.

Carol, Woppa, Lynn and anyone I have missed - hi there.

Lainex

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all doing OK.
Just a quick one before I go back to bed!!
I've been feeling a bit rough over the past few days. My tummy is so painful, I will be glad when egg colection is over. I had another scan on Friday which showed 23 follicles between 15mm & 23mm and quite a few smaller ones. I am back again tomorrow evening for my last scan before ec on Wednesday.

Sarz, I know what you mean about the trips to the loo! At least we know that things are really happening! Hope your collection goes well. Good luck xx

Lind, Hope you're feeling a bit better after all you've been though during the summer. Looks like we have ec on the same day, hope it goes well for you. Good luck xx

Carol, Hope you're doing OK and taking care of yourself.

Lynne & Janie, Hope you're both keeping OK.

Lots of love luck and positive thoughts to you all.
^group^ ^reiki^ ^group^ ^reiki^ ^group^
Lots of love
Sally
xxx

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay - our internet connection went down over the weekend so I could'n t let you know how I got on.

Well the scan on Friday was ok - the lining is a good thickness so I started the stimms on Friday too. I never respond very well to them so while EC is in the diary for the 22nd it will no doubt get moved when they have to boost the stimms for the last few days. No cyst showed up this time (got a big one last time) so that's good news.

I had a struggle of a weekend though. Dh's neice dropped a huge sprog (9lbs 13 oz) and while I was pleased for her and wanted to hear all the news after that I felt as though someone had kicked me in the stomach and then whacked me around the head!! The neice's sister is also newly pgt and due in March so I had a bad day.

But, in the spirit of positiveness, I had a girly evening at a health spa last night (we do it every month) and can truly reccommend an Indian head massage - I was floating and felt tons better.

I'm ok this morning too - just trying to get through it. Off to see new sproglet on Thursday. I thought it better to get it over and done with early and before I go through too much. I'll have to see him at some stage and the longer I leave it the harder it is.

Terrible isn't it? I'm really pleased but also hurts at the same time.

Sally & Sarz - 23 and 27 is amazing - I never get more than 8!

Lind - sounds as if you've been through the wars - hopefully things will perk up!

Carol - glad to hear you had a quiet weekend.

Sorry if I've missed anyone!

Thanks for all your thoughts.

love Janie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi girls

Just popped in to wish you all luck, it's such a busy thread I can't keep up but welcome back Lind I've missed your words of wisdom and I really hope this will be your time (and everyone else)
Take care of yourselves

Love Clarexx

1 - 20 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.